Looking for manifold for hs2 carb

Started by Willie_B, January 31, 2021, 04:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

I did not keep the manifold that was on the engine I pulled from the old moke. Shouldn't have but tossed it. Regrets now so if anyone has one in a pile I would like it.

MiniDave

The one for a single carb, cast iron with the exhaust integral?

I have one, you're welcome to it. I also have one removed from the exhaust, but you'll have to do a small repair on it....

I was able to use a MiniSpares HIF/HS manifold on Clancy's Moke, with an HS4 carb (he has a 1275 in his) that way it clears the header too.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

OK, mine fit an HS4, he's looking for one for an HS2.....carb mount holes vertical instead of on an angle

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

I may have one for an HS2, let me go take a look.

cstudep

Well the one HS2 version I have is on my original 850 motor that's out of the '60 so I am not sure I want to get rid of it just yet. The other 850 motor does not have the intake on it but I thought one of the loose one's I had was off of it but apparently not.

Both of the loose ones I have are also HS4 versions.....that said I also have 3 HS4 carbs. Not sure what your plans are for it, if the larger carb/manifold would work or not.

94touring

I have some twin hs2's and manifold I'd offer up. It's what I ran on my 998.

Willie_B

Was hoping to stay with the stock look single hs2. That carb was used on up to 1098's. So if I can gather up what I need I would hotrod the carb with Vizards tips and see how it does.

MiniDave

Other than the bolt arrangement, is an HS2 that much different visually than an HS4? especially with a factory air cleaner on it?

Point being, you can use one of these and keep the performance.....only you and a few of your closest friends will know for sure!   77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Quote from: Willie_B on February 01, 2021, 05:36:45 AM
Was hoping to stay with the stock look single hs2. That carb was used on up to 1098's. So if I can gather up what I need I would hotrod the carb with Vizards tips and see how it does.

Maybe I missed it but are you abandoning the HIF set up due to not being able to fit the stock HS2 air cleaner?
I am presuming you are keeping the header and just cutting the HS2 intake off?

If you have not found one yet I can take a look in my stash for you.

Willie_B

I am still using the hif38, just got a K&N filter on it.

I think that Hugh has found a manifold for me. I do plan to cut the exhaust part off.

drmini

Yes I dug one out of my son's parts bin for Brad.

CooperTune

Back a few years I did a very nice 850 for a customer. It was for a 1960 850 mini and he wanted correct appearing. I broke it in on my test stand with a HS4 and found a AAA needle correct on the O2 gauge. I spent some time on the HS2 intake and a ton of time on a HS2 carb as per David Vizards instructions. Installed the intake carb with the same AAA needle and was able to adjust for correct O2. Owner has been very happy with the ability to keep up with others at club events. Steve (CTR)

Willie_B

Thanks for the info Steve. It will help when the time comes that I have all the needed bits to try this.