Wideband deal

Started by 94touring, November 12, 2020, 07:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I think someone was asking recently about which wideband to use.  I've got a couple aspx widebands I use in my cars.  When I first bought them they were about $120 and now go for about $145 off their website.  However here's a buyers tip.  I burnt up a couple gauges due to some self inflicted stupidity and needed to order replacements. Went on their website and placed the order. To my surprise the box not only included the gauge, but the harness and 02 bung and plug.  Looking now the website even says harness included.  All for $65. Essentially the whole kit minus the bosch 02 sensor and harness section.  Well I looked up what the 02 sensor kit cost and they run about $35 shipped off ebay.  So for $100 you can get a complete wideband kit by buying it separately. 

Link:  https://wide-band.com/wb-d2-digital-wideband-o2-air-fuel-ratio-gauge

Bosch 02 sensor part number:  Bosch LSU4.2 (Part#17014)

gr8kornholio

That was me. Thanks for the info.

At the top of the page in large letters it says gauge only. Down in the full description it states it includes the harness.

Looks like there are a lot of "replacement" models available for the sensor.  Probably doesn't have to be an authentic Bosch one. Just as long as it has the right plug. Correct?
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Yeah just needs the correct plug.  Comparing pics of plugs online to that bosch part number it looked identical to me.

cstudep

It was also me......but some time ago and I have not yet bought one so thank you from me as well!

Tim

Dragging up an old thread here....  Just checking in before I place an order.  Do you still recommend the same Wideband gauge?  Will be placing an order for two separate units for a pair of Mokes currently being built.

Thanks,
Tim.

94touring

I'm still using these and put one on my vw bus as well.

Tim

Where did you find was the best place to order the sensor from?

Thanks,
Tim.

94touring

Ebay has them for $35 shipped.  Type in Bosch LSU4.2

Tim

Lots of options on EBay!  I'll have to hunt down a good US-based supplier and make the purchase.

Thanks,
Tim.

joakwin

wow, thats a good price

im gonna order a couple of them,

been looking for some for my 5.3 swap truck project

i have an AEM wide band on my honda itb motor, but i think i spent 150 or 160 or so
D16z6 Automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes, deseamed shell

cstudep

I finally got mine the other day. Now I just need to pull the exhaust apart so I can weld in the bung. Need to try to fix the exhaust leak at the Y pipe anyway.

joakwin

i looked them up on amazon, and they sell them
got free shipping, i ordered two of the reds,
on amazon they were $52 each for the red, and 53 for the other colors

overall with tax, i think the pair of red gauges were $112 shipped

D16z6 Automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes, deseamed shell

94touring

Ha, yeah I ended up buying a blue one after this thread was revived just cause I wanted something else other than red in the bus.  I think it came out to $57 shipped.  I'll always have a use for the kit on another car eventually.  Figure if you get the sensors for $35 that's a pretty affordable wideband setup. 

94touring

Gauges are on sale for $30 right now.  I had to buy a new sensor as my cable accidentally melted on the exhaust and noticed the sale when I went to the website to refresh my memory on calibrating the gauge to a new sensor.  Good news is the new sensor cabling was much longer and easy for me to route it far away from the exhaust now.

https://wide-band.com/en/wb-d2-digital-wideband-o2-air-fuel-ratio-gauge

MiniDave

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered one this morning.... 3.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

I ordered one the last time it was mentioned, just have not had the time to install it yet. Need to get on it because I can't quite get my car to run well with the HIF44. It would be nice to know the A/F

Tim

Thanks Dan.  Order placed.

Tim