Trouble finding / verifying new knuckles for Hi-Lo kit

Started by ADRay, October 15, 2020, 08:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADRay

Hi all,

I've hit a bump putting the rear subframe back together. I have a used Minispares Hi-Lo kit (thanks George), and I thought I had located the correct knuckles for the kit. The ones I bought are too wide to fit in the receiving end of the "trumpet". As I understand, they should just set in place, right?

I am not able to find the correct ones on Minispares (or anywhere), at least ones defined as a direct replacement and with a picture that doesn't look like the ones I have.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

Willie_B

You want just the regular knuckle joint. They will fit everything BUT the MiniSport Ho-Lo kit. That uses the larger end knuckles. Part number GSV1118MS on Minispares site. They also have the same part but with a poly boot for a bit more. We know how the latest rubber parts are holding up. I am about to order 4 of the poly types.

ADRay

Thanks, that gives clarity to what I did wrong - I bought the Mini Sport knuckles for their kit (Adjust-a-ride).
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

Willie_B

Another thing. Don't get the ones for 1990 and later, they have a built in spacer to raise the ride height.

MiniDave

I may have a pair of the MiniSport knuckles, they're used but not worn. Unless you just want new ones.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Quote from: MiniDave on October 15, 2020, 11:54:03 AM
I may have a pair of the MiniSport knuckles, they're used but not worn. Unless you just want new ones.....

His problem is he has the larger Minisport ones but needs the regular size ones. The larger ones are 14mm on the end to fit Minisport ho-lo's.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

ADRay

Thanks all. I am replacing all of the moving parts with new ones, so I'm compiling yet another order from jolly old England.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

MiniDave

Yeah, that's pretty much a weekly event for me!   77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

ADRay

I've been getting stuff shipped standard in under 2 weeks these day
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998