2021 Texas Hill Country Gathering (2020 rescheduled)

Started by MPlayle, September 25, 2020, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPlayle

Based on other threads tossing out Spring 2021 events, I decided I should get a head start on the discussion of dates for this.

Dave has indicated April 14 -17 are out for him.  Tiffany Holt mentioned a CMU event potentially in there as well (nothing mentioned on the CMU website yet).

As such, I thought I would toss out a few potential dates for discussion:
March 22 - 26
March 29 - April 2
April 26 - 30

I am also open to other dates as well.  I just picked those to begin the discussion as they allow some break time around the dates Dave indicated for the Recon event.

Lone Star Mini

I don't check this forum weekly/monthly, but will do my best to check in for this drive... 
Lone Star Mini
1982 Morris Mini 1000HL (heck of a lot of work ahead of me)
1992(?) Mini Cooper
1964 Austin Cooper
1980 Mini 95 (Pickup)

MPlayle

Lone Star Mini:  I will send you a PM to get your direct email and keep you updated that way if you would like.

You can also set a "notify" option on the thread to receive emails from the forum on any given thread you want to monitor.

Jimini II

Quote from: MPlayle on September 25, 2020, 02:19:22 PM
Based on other threads tossing out Spring 2021 events, I decided I should get a head start on the discussion of dates for this.

Dave has indicated April 14 -17 are out for him.  Tiffany Holt mentioned a CMU event potentially in there as well (nothing mentioned on the CMU website yet).

As such, I thought I would toss out a few potential dates for discussion:
March 22 - 26
March 29 - April 2
April 26 - 30

I am also open to other dates as well.  I just picked those to begin the discussion as they allow some break time around the dates Dave indicated for the Recon event.

I doubt if it will appear on the CMU website Michael as it is not an actual CMU event and as of now there are no plans for a CMU event in 2021
It is just a low keyed get together with a few drives that are being put together by a couple of CMU members that live in the Ashville NC area from April 13th through April 18th.

MiniDave

I have no idea what I'll be doing in the spring as I'm having my knee replaced in early January.

Best I can say right now is "maybe"..... 8.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Well Dave, with a 6 - 8 week recovery that would make the late March or April dates possible?

Right now I just want to get some feedback about possible dates to keep an eye on and avoid serious conflicts.

If someone wants "Spring Break" type dates, let me know what those are.  We can either include or exclude them.

Initially, I was trying to avoid Easter and the NC dates indicated by Dave.

Scargo

There's a slight chance that I might find myself paling around with a couple of long time Mini friends in Austin sometime this Spring. If that comes to fruition, and depending on the timing, we may want to join you for this event. Not being all that familiar with Texas geography, how far from Austin will this Hill Country Gathering be held?

MPlayle

Scargo,

Austin to Kerrville is roughly 100 miles (about 2 hours) depending on route and traffic.

Edit: We would be thrilled to have you join if possible.

MiniDave

And if you have Mini friends in Austin, bring them along!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Lone Star Mini

TX Dashpots?  How on earth does one post a comment or video on the TX Mini Dashpot site?  I have tried posting the Mini departure video from Sunday, but I seriously am unable to locate where the heck the video goes.  FB tells me it uploads and the video is ready, but where the heck?  Then I noticed that all the post entries are directly from 'TX Mini Dashpots' so I'm thinking that only the admin can post something yet anyone can respond to the post only..  am I missing something?  I wanted to post a 30 second clip of the mini caravan, but.. ??? 
Lone Star Mini
1992(?) Mini Cooper
1964 Austin Cooper
1980 Mini 95 (Pickup)

MiniDave

Did you upload it to YouTube first?

I find most sites won't load a video straight - I upload everything to You Tube then just post the link.

Try it here first? On this site Dan had put in a YouTube button, click that, insert your link and it will open a player and play it.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Please do post it here as well.  I am not on FB, so would not be able to see it.

FYI: I led another drive for the local folks on Sunday (Dec 20) and Randy was along.  He had his girls video the start of the drive.  We had 9 Minis and 1 non-Mini "tag along" with Craig and Randy.  I think I may finally have some of the Dahspots "hooked" on getting their Minis out for drives.

Lone Star Mini

Hey Now.. @Dave, yes the video loaded, but went to a page off the main page.  Although I've created a short (3:37) Youtube video here.  I will be sure to get better footage and capture all the minis on the next mini run..  @Michael.. thanks again for setting up the run.  It was totally better than I expected....     

Lone Star Mini
1992(?) Mini Cooper
1964 Austin Cooper
1980 Mini 95 (Pickup)

BruceK

Great video!   Glad you were able to make here for the run!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Scargo

With over half, that's probably the highest percentage of RHD cars participating in a Mini run, this side of the pond.

Lone Star Mini

Quote from: BruceK on December 23, 2020, 02:38:40 PM
Great video!   Glad you were able to make here for the run!

However short, it was good to see you again Bruce!  Now that I know more what the mini runs are like, I certainly hope to join more.  Although I would most likely have to trailer a mini down.
Lone Star Mini
1992(?) Mini Cooper
1964 Austin Cooper
1980 Mini 95 (Pickup)

MPlayle

Bringing the thread back on topic ...

Time to focus in on dates for the Spring Drive week.  The dates I had originally proposed were:
March 22 - 26
March 29 - April 2
April 26 - 30

Thoughts, opinions, alternatives?

We need to sort of settle the dates before I can truly investigate motels and rates.

Willie_B

MPlayle

Time to bring this back up for people to notice.  I would like some further input on what dates work best for folks before making an "executive decision" soon.

The date options proposed are:
March 22 - 26
March 29 - April 2
April 26 - 30

Thoughts, opinions, alternatives?

(Personally, I am leaning more towards one of the last two so Dave has more healing time on his knee.)

BruceK

I'm in for any dates.  But as you noted later dates are better.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

I'll need to know by February 10th for March schedule bidding. 

Willie_B

MiniDave

I don't think you should plan on me attending, I might make it but I don't want to commit till much closer to the date and I see how I'm doing, how the stupid virus thing is going, and whether I have a running, drivable car by then.

Sorry I can't be more committal

Late April is best one for me....

John Styers thinks he can make the late April dates

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Thanks guys & gals!  That is the kind of feedback I was wanting.

I will target the drive "event" for the April 26 - 30 week.

I will begin looking into motel options shortly and report back on what I might get arranged.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S