Quick visor upgrade

Started by Red Riley, August 24, 2020, 07:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Riley

I finally had enough of these useless baggy puffy things that were screwed into the sun visor holes, so out they came.

I know that these acrylic visors are available from a few places, but Steveston Motor Co. was advertising their version, and they looked like good quality, so I got a pair of them in the bronze color. Just a quick install and I think they look great. Big difference!

Even if I never use them, at least they tuck up nice and tight and I don't have to keep pushing them out of my way.

Wow, this thing is dirty! Time for a wash, I guess.

Anyone interested in an original set of visors from a MKIII Elf?

tmsmini

I like the idea of a quality replacement. Unfortunately each of our cars uses a different mounting point or points.
It looks like this version fit your original mounting points?

Red Riley

Quote from: tmsmini on August 24, 2020, 08:21:55 AM
I like the idea of a quality replacement. Unfortunately each of our cars uses a different mounting point or points.
It looks like this version fit your original mounting points?

They are supposed to fit any Mini with the two outside mounting points, so that should be anything except the MKI. Went right into the same holes on mine. They have slotted holes on the hinges, so they can be adjusted a quarter inch or so each way.

tmsmini

Ok, thanks for that. I would be willing to try them on the later car. Unfortunately the two earlier cars are the ones that could really use them.

Sold out for the moment.

MPlayle

The pictures are not showing up.

94touring

Pictures show up for me.  Looks great too.  Those would be fairly easy to cut out of tinted poly, though maybe what you bought was priced right to not bother.

Red Riley

Quote from: 94touring on August 24, 2020, 10:06:55 AM
Pictures show up for me.  Looks great too.  Those would be fairly easy to cut out of tinted poly, though maybe what you bought was priced right to not bother.

I've finally learned in my old age that the words "It would be easy to do that myself" generally lead to additional cost, time, swearing, and the eventual expenditure to have it done properly by someone who has the skills, experience, and equipment, and has already gone through the screwing up process enough times to get it right.

MiniDave

Are they longer than the pitiful ones that cone with the car too?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I can't see the photos either.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MPlayle

I guess you have to be logged in somewhere with the correct access privileges to see them.

94touring

Must be something google related since the address shows google.

MPlayle

Dan's repost of the pictures made them show up.

They look sharp.  I may consider them for my red Mini.

Red Riley

Must be because I linked to the photos from Google photos. I guess I just assume that everyone is using the Chrome browser. Because why wouldn't they?

I probably would have gotten the grey color but they were sold out. I'm glad because I think the bronze color looks really good with the red interior.

gr8kornholio

Those look really slick. To bad I have a MK1. I'm just not putting any in. I'm tall enough it doesn't really bother me.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.