Wanted: RHD later model(mid 80's) brake pedal

Started by captrob, June 25, 2020, 08:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captrob

Hi, I'm switching from the vacuum booster/horizontal master brake setup that was previously installed on my '86 back to a vertical master cylinder. Does anyone have a brake pedal from the latest vertical master version taking up space and want to sell?
I would rather swap out the entire brake setup than modify the arm to work. The cantilever/booster/master setup will be for sale after I get the manual brake conversion complete.

Thanks, Rob

MPlayle

It is my understanding, the pedal is virtually the same.  The pedal for the later horizontal servo/master has the vertical rod attached.  That gets removed in order to connect to the corresponding rod from the vertical master.

The pedal itself is interchangeable. 

See the linked diagram on Mini Spares:
http://www.minispares.com/catalogues/classic/Classic~Mechanical~Parts~Manual/Brake~and~Brake~Controls/BrakeClutch~Pedals~and~Controls.aspx?2~17~141

captrob

I'll start calling around to the usual suspects next week to see if any vendors have some used supplies. Seeing if any individuals had done a conversion and had one in their garage or parting out a basket case.
Yeah, I think the pedal arm is at the same angle. However, I think they beefed it up to a thicker gauge cause it's definitely a lot thicker than the clutch pedal. The fork on the new master has to be spread a bit to fit over, but I haven't seen a non-boosted arm to compare. As far as I can tell, the pushrod pin in the arm is larger as well. I'll have to come up with a pin bushing to make it work if I decide to modify.
Just looking at swapping out, in case someone buys the booster/master from me to get the whole bolt-in setup.
Thanks, Rob

CooperTune

I suspect I have at least one or more of every pedal assembly to include torque tube type. Send me a cell number
and I can text you pictures. Steve (CTR)

captrob

Thanks Steve. PM sent.
Comparison pic of the boost pushrod next to the vertical master for info.