Twin 1.25 SU throttle cable connection

Started by Hercplt, March 24, 2020, 10:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hercplt

8.gif
I am looking at my twin SU set up, and trying to figure out a tuning issue.  It appears that the throttle cable hook up is not allowing full throttle movement.  Also, the gas pedal does not seem to travel far enough.  Wondering if you all have any pics of a proper set up, and/or can tell me how much movement there should be in the throttle linkage as well as the pedal.

Sorry, I forgot to take a close up pic of what I have...

Rich
1980 Mini 1000 (Canadian Spec).
998cc +60.  12G295 Head (ported, skimmed etc), VP7 Cam, Twin HS2.... sweet sweet 7.5" Cooper brakes!

94touring

I don't have pictures but have had the same problem before and found the issue is usually in the linkage.  I'd start there. Also make sure your pedal is all the way up to give you the most travel. I stuff a block of wood under mine when I set up carb linkages and throttle movement.

MiniDave

Yeah, when doing the linkage on the 66 Dan just finished, I had to readjust it considerably to get full throttle and not open too quickly.......but that was a Weber.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

I'll get you a pic of the linkage on the Innocenti here in a minute....twin HS4's. Like Dan says, make sure you're pulling the pedal up before you connect the cable, I usually use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the cable down as far as it will go (raises the pedal as far as it can go) and then tighten the nut onto the cable.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

LarryLebel

Make sure the cable end ferrule is all the way in the socket on the fire wall. You can't the end from above. You should be able to see the end of the ferrule from inside the car if its all the way home.