Flywheel Housings

Started by NormanMini, March 20, 2020, 01:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NormanMini

Two questions today.

1) Does anyone have a good used 3-synchro flywheel housing they're willing to part with?

2) Do any of the later housings interchange?

Thanks!

Mark C.

Willie_B

Do you have a part number for the housing or some way to identify it?

MPlayle

What year car is it going on?  What engine (size = 850, 998, etc.)?

I suspect the differences are more with regard to the idler gear bearing and input shaft bearing sizes and their respective bushings/bearings in the housing.

I seem to recall there being differences in those bearing sizes between A and A+ housings.  There are adapter bearings to go for going one way, but I don't recall which (A housing with A+ block versus A+ housing with A block).

NormanMini

Thanks for the quick replies, guys!
The casting number is 22A108.  It's off a 1275 block of mysterious origin, mated to a 3-synchro transmission.  I'm pretty sure the block is a 1275 A+ (no tappet chest covers, single bolt distributor hold-down and timing chain tensioner), but the number on it is RKM1134E, which no one seems to recognize.   

MPlayle

If you look at the diagram from the Mini Spares site linked below.  In particular, look at part #1 and #2.

http://www.minispares.com/catalogues/classic/Classic~Mechanical~Parts~Manual/Clutch/Clutch~Housing.aspx?1~3~31

Willie_B

NormanMini

I had actually looked at MiniMania's listing the other day, but assumed it had to be bogus.  I finally called this afternoon, and they verified they have four in stock and the price is correct!  Needless to say, I've got one on order.  Thanks for the help, everyone!

Mark C.