Value of JDM-spec SPi motor in SoCal?

Started by Tremelune, February 09, 2020, 06:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremelune

I have a complete lump from a '92 (including AC, intake, headers, transmission, etc), and I'm struggling to find comparable sales to determine its value. Mine runs well, but leaks.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

MiniDave

You have the ECU and harness with it?

I would be hard pressed to value any engine that I couldn't drive as other than a core.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jedduh01

Mini mania offers 'tested' engines for 1795$ ...   this does come with their word that they are good engines and i would assume some part of a 'days of warranty" but its still a used engine ..   round up to 2000$ once its truck freight shipped.

your lump is nice as it has ALOT of other stuff with it  but alot of other stuff  that isnt wanted or needed....
  How much of the other AC parts can you offer with ( that can be a sale of its own)   

It also as said leaks = so a rather teardown is needed and gaskets to put it backtogether DIY no problem with 50$ in gaskets but  Pay a man = few dollars to do that job for sure.

ECU + harness + Immobilizer   whole SPI setup 'they're hard to sell because most people want a simple Carb and dizzy setup.

The lump is good for it being a late model A+  with a late A+ transmission.

As always said its only worth what someone will pay .. people Look for 1275's   Put a price on it and see what sort of bites you receive.

Goodluck.

I would have  liked it about a month ago!

MPlayle

On the plus side: being a SPI setup, it can easily be converted to carb.

MiniDave

Not only that but he's in LA, there's bound to be a good market for it there....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad