Auto Trans issue

Started by RACECR12, January 06, 2020, 11:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RACECR12

I have a 87 998 auto that is in need of a engine rebuild. Leaking head gasket, oil leaks, low on power. I have only had the car for 6 months and the time I have driven it the transmission shifted well.
I have checked with several re-builders and no one will touch a auto car. I have toyed with a v tec conversion but there is no one doing a automatic.
The reason I would swap with be the fuel injection and the possibility of the auto blowing up and zero parts available. I would just be tossing 10k for a rebuild that doesn't move. I want to keep the auto. No interest in a standard
Thoughts, suggestions?
ps, its right hand drive

MiniDave

I can do it for you, auto trans parts are available in England, which is where I get most all of the parts I use for my rebuilds. Rebuilding the engine is no biggy, I do them all the time.

PM me and we can talk.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Bill!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

CooperTune

I have recently worked on a couple of auto 998 units. While I don't rebuild auto trannys I do rebuild engines. My 998 units start with A+ block ( auto block is different from std ) A+ press fit con rods, .060 flat top pistons, SW5 cam should improve power without causing issues with auto. Power is made in the cyl head so I scare up Cooper /1100 295 casting. Fit hard exhaust seats and late lead free O/S valves intake and exhaust very mild porting exhaust and touch up intake side CC and surface for 10.2 to 1 C/R . The 295 ports are about right as cast. MSC intake with HIF 38 and Cooper style header. Contact me and I can text you pictures or recently completed unit test run on stand and waiting to go home. He will pick up time and weather permitting. Steve (CTR)

PS would rather do it exchange as I have cores.