Wanted - Single Carb Found, Thanks!

Started by MiniDave, December 15, 2019, 10:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Looking for a single HS4, can need cleanup/rebuild, prefer it not be totally worn out tho. It's going on my friend Clancy's 1275 in his MOKE.

Lemme know what you have, OK?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Dave,

Let me check my stuff, I believe I have one.  Not sure if I have a spacer or abutment plate.

Cheers,
Michael Playle

MiniDave

Dan thinks he may have one also.....let me know.

Thanks!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Here are a couple pictures of the HS-4 stuff I have.  Make an offer (plus postage) and I will find a box to pack it in and send it.  Just remind me of the address where to send it.

MiniDave

Thanks Michael, I'll let him know and get back to you!  77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Dave,

Any feedback from Clancy about wanting the carb?  It all fits into a USPS medium flat rate box, so postage would be about $14.35.

MiniDave

Dan responded first, so I'm waiting to see if he has all the stuff like you do, I'll know soon as he lets me know.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

mascher

The bag in picture marked WZX1099 has a jet for an HIF carb in it. Just in case it's useful.

Kelley

MiniDave

I let Clancy decide, he chose the one from Michael.....thanks for the info, Mascher....Clancy has friends who can help him set up the carb, so if I can get it to run, that will be my part of it.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Dave,
I have an extra HS4 if you still need one - it was working fine when I took it off of my car when I installed the HIF38.

I haven't been up to the garage lately, so haven't taken any pictures of it yet. 

If you want it, it'll be rather inexpensive + postage (but postage is whatever it'll be) - I need to clear out some stuff for pipe making (yes, handcarved tobacco pipes).

Cheers -
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

Thanks John, Clancy bought the one from Michael Playle.

I had one of those single piece cast iron intake/exhaust manifolds I gave him, he's going to cut the intake off and have it ceramic heat coated, then he can mount it up on the Moke.

I have no idea why he couldn't mount the twin HS2's he had, even tho the carbs were off a Sprite he has the right manifold and the little rubbers that set the float bowls at the right angle for a Mini, but he said he could not make them fit....

I haven't been back up to his place to see why.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Cool, thought I'd make the offer -
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

Given that this is just a pit car, the single HS4 should be sufficient, even for his 1275.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad