WTB Mark 1 Mini interior/exterior trim and parts

Started by 60AustinSe7en, December 05, 2019, 06:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60AustinSe7en

WTB misc trim parts for my 1960 austin 850  sedan project.  Let me know what you have.  Located in ohio.

MiniDave

Are you looking for anything specific?

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Put up a thread on your project.....and pics! We like pics!   ;D 77.gif 62.gif

Oh, and where in Ohio? I know a few Mini guys in Ohio.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Welcome aboard the forum. There are several early minis on here.

It would probably be easier if you told us what interior parts you are looking for.

60AustinSe7en

Thanks for your interest.

I'm an MG fan, and have a 1966 MGB which is my pride. This Mini came along, and my 28 year old son could not resist.  It seems that the Mini is cross generational. 

Kind of rough, but there just are just not that many of these cars around, especially early ones.  My car was manufactured in July 1960.

We don't intend on restoring it to stock, but will make it look so.  Performance upgrades, like engine, brakes, maybe suspension, but no artificial Cooper accessories, no fender flares.  Definitely keep the 10 inch wheels.  It will be a factory color, likely the original Speedwell Blue, but we can't resist a two tone with a white top.  Not really original to an early non-Cooper, but who cares!

Just got it home last month,  and its too cold to work much in my barn,but we hope to pull the subframes before the end of theyear, and I am playing around with some misc small pieces to see what I can salvage.  Cleaning up small chrome bits, etc. The real work will begin inthe spring.  Long term project, but not the first car I have done. 

I don't really have a list of needed parts, but, for instance, I don't have a heater  box, I need two back ashtrays, my quarterlight window piano hinges need some work, etc.  I know some parts are available in the UK, but I don't know how many used parts are out there.  I want to keeep as much of the early parts as possible. 

I haVe two engines/tranny's..  Both are early 850's, but one has a remote tranny.  I have no idea if this remote is an early 3 synchro or not.  Don't think the remote tranny came with the early 850 engine it is mounted to now.  We will see what we find.

MiniDave

Well, you have the beginnings of a Mini!   ;D

There is a thread on here on where to source new parts, including a whole complete interior in the correct material and patterns.

Detail parts will be tougher, but you've made a good start, posting here.....there also is a Mk1 Mini forum, those guys will have lots more info. I think if you have the number off the transmission case (left front) people can sort out which transmission you have - also the engine number off the plate just under the thermostat on the front of the engine, next to the head will tell you what car the engines came from. Absent that, a few pics of the front and back will help.

Good luck with your project! Where are you in Ohio? I have plenty of Mini friends in and around Columbus...

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

jedduh01

NICE project:

Just thinking of the big stuff youll need... how NICE do you want things.. some people only want NEW on their builds.. Others live with'used parts.

I have a local friend here with a Mk1 -  full black interior if your interested. (used)

Very solid complete set of Seats Including door cards   (mabye even usable black carpet too)  Hes been holding onto it for a while  for any of  us to find a needed project car to use it in.

Of course its here in Charlotte, NC. shipping wont be fun but things can work their way to you with our mini community.
     jeff lehmann <jefflehmann415@hotmail.com>

Do you have all the glass for the car too?    Jeff said he also has a 'rear glass' that should be proper for this too... EARLY mk1

60AustinSe7en

Thanks Guys. 

I'm in NorthEast Ohio, but I'm frequently in the Columbus area also. 

I've already traced in engine no.s, and they arenboth rather early 850's.  One is original to the car (1960), the other a year or two older.  The later one has the remote box.  I'll get into researching the  tranny in a shortr time.  But a remote box didn't originally go with a 1961-62 850 engine, I think.  Must have been fitted by an earlier owner.

I don't at all i insist on new parts.  Originality is my preference.

What is the Mark 1 forum you have mentioned?  I know the 1959 site.

I have all the glass.  All in good shape, except the windscreen, which has a chip in the corner (probably chipped when a previous owner was removing it.)  The windscreen also has minor deamination, and a little discolored.  So, probably prefer to replace.  All the other glass is good.  Triplex date stamp indicates 2nd quarter, 1960 on all pieces, so its original.

I have seat frames, and one ash tray, but will need all the card board and carpets.  I have the speedo pod and original speedo ( 27000 miles).  But I will likey want a tach, oil pressure gAuge, water temp gauge (instead of just the idiot lights.)  Not 100% original, but I can not imagine driving a vi9ntage car without these gauges.

Thanks again for your interest.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

I may have an ashtray. Are the rear side ones the same as the front?

60AustinSe7en

The rear ash trays are the same as the front one, as long as it's not a Super or a Cooper ( they have ash trays with solidi covers).  I need the ones with the hinged grate on the top. I have the front das mounted one.

tmsmini

I will dig it out. I just saw it somewhere when looking for something else.
What about trim for the bins? I have some extra I got thinking I could make them work on a wagon. Safe shipping could be an issue, but I guess they would fit in a tube.
Terry

tsumini

tmsmini

jeff10049

Welcome.
Nice Project my 60 was just about like yours when I got it. I'll see what I might have around.
I have a set of early wheel bearings that are great shape and ready to go if you use the early hubs and cvs as everything is different.
I also have a good set of grill whiskers.
One interior door pull cord newer version with the fixed center grip/or maybe its the other way around can't remember but has the proper look otherwise.
Is your glass single or double hole? do you have the latches?
I have more stuff just need to look I also have a lot of pictures if you need to know ho something goes my build is here in the restorations section or just ask and I can take a look.