shop press

Started by joakwin, July 19, 2019, 11:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joakwin

my wife got me a hf shop press for my b day last week

so I finally put it together

one of the legs bolt holes didn't line up, so I chucked it on the milling machine and slotted the holes just a hair

D16z6 Automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes, deseamed shell

MiniDave

Nice, they are a handy thing to have, I use mine all the time. I like the grey much better than the orange sherbet color of mine....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I have the same one. The jack eventually sprung a leak but was easy to swap out with a quality name brand one.

MiniDave

I have two mods I'm planning for mine, the first I saw on garage journal - they mount a boat winch on top and run cables down to attach to the cross bar - that sucker is heavy and adjusting the height is hard if you have it tucked against the wall like mine is.

The second mod I'm considering it to change the jack to an air powered one, so I don't have to pump the handle. That's a bit of a luxury and I probably won't do it until the current jack starts leaking - if it ever does! I've had mine for over 10 years now and so far no leaks - got mine off Craig's list for $80 - used once to press out some bearings off hubs he said.

I shortened the rear half of the legs so mine will fit up against the wall better, didn't seem to affect the stability at all and it fits into the alcove I have for it very nicely.......when you're working in a tiny little garage every bit of room you can save helps
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad