Tips taking body apart

Started by batman1usa, March 25, 2009, 12:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batman1usa

:-\

Is there any particular bracing that should be added before cutting the floor (complete) out?

How do you get the fenders off to replace the inner fender?

After removing floor is there anything that should be replaced before rewelding the floor in?  I don't want to get to far ahead of myself and replace something then have to cut it to replace something I should have replaced whilest it was out.

JD
8)

94touring

If you are planning to cut the entire floor out, its a good idea to have some cross bracing in place to keep it from twisting/shifting out of proper alignment.  It would suck to put a whole new floor in and find out your doors suddenly don't fit right.

As far as fenders are concerned.  If you look closely you will see where there are welds.  I drill as many out as possible, then take an air chisel and carefully work my way around till the fender simply falls off.   

94touring

Ok Batman, where are these pics?? 

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

batman1usa

Hey I'm trying to post them to the Gallery.  Not sure of the problem.

94touring

I posted some more pics in there yesterday to test it out and its working for me. Give it another try, or perhaps clear your cookies which had solved my problem from my personal computer. 

Edit:  I see you got it work.   ;D

batman1usa

I forgot about the clearing cookies deal.  I'll try that next.  I can't seem to get them to load directly from my puter.  I had to load them to photobucket and copy the link.
I'll try the cookies clearing now.

94touring

Yeah I just did another test upload and still working for me.