Author Topic: Some interesting bodgery  (Read 219 times)

Offline bikewiz

Some interesting bodgery
« on: May 13, 2019, 08:05:57 PM »
So because I'm way down in the worm hole of my mini I discovered a sweet bodge. The first photo is the master cylinder plate that was on my car, which as you can see, was modified by hammering it flat and also the wrong type. So I figured I'd get the correct one from MS or 7 Enterprise part #CRC8664  problem is the plate is flat which prevents it from lining up with the engine steady correctly, it shows the bend in the photos but not so much in real life. So having bought some other SS goodies from Mark at Smiffys Bits I looked at his SS plate which he makes a point to show that it has the bend. I have to say it really is a nice piece and lines up perfect with the steady.

Offline jeff10049

Re: Some interesting bodgery
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 11:12:07 AM »
I didn't know there was a flat or a bent one. Or is the flat one just made incorrectly? I'll have to look at my car I think it is flat but I'm not sure.

Offline MiniDave

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 01:52:24 PM »
I didn't either, but by the time you tighten the engine steady bolt, either the top bends down or the bottom bends up!  ;D
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline bikewiz

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 02:22:36 PM »
I'm pretty sure they should have a bend. The original did and as I stated above Smiffy's Bits notes that it does. The one I got showed the bend but was flat. On my car at least the bend aligns with the steady properly.

Offline 94touring

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 02:40:56 PM »
Should have a bend.

Offline tsumini

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 06:30:58 PM »
Pic of mine with bend. Original on 1960 Austin

Offline Jimini II

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 11:38:15 AM »
I seem to recall i have seen them both ways and just looked at 3 i have here and they are all straight, pick up, Clubman Estate and a Moke.

Offline bikewiz

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 03:20:39 PM »
Really curious. Here's the picture on MS. This is the part number I received CRC8664, however the part I received didn't have the bend.  My car definitely needs the bend.