No longer available - Kendon Trailer

Started by MPlayle, April 30, 2019, 12:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPlayle

2016 Kendon Folding Smart Car trailer.  Low usage.  Asking $3500.

Link to manufacturer's site for the trailer:
https://www.kendonusa.com/products/folding-smart-car-trailer

Contact me directly or through the forum's messaging:
mplayle13 -at- gmail -dot- com
2-1-0-2-5-4-7-3-4-1

Some of you will remember the trailer from the RM 10th Anniversary BBQ. 

I will soon be putting the Moke up for sale - found something special (still Mini based) as a replacement. 

As the replacement will not fit the Kendon folding trailer (a tad too long for the trailer), I need to sell the Kendon trailer to cover getting a slightly longer trailer.

Below is a picture of the Moke on the trailer.  Saloons will fit just fine.

94touring

Putting it on BAT?  What's next on the list?

MiniDave

I can't see why any Mini wouldn't fit on there?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Dan,

Not yet sure if the Moke will go on BAT.

Whee,

A Mini Pickup should just fit on the trailer.  I won't be able to make Snowmass in June myself as my nephew is getting married the end of June.  I could do a relay of it to somewhere in north Texas prior to June if someone were to take it the rest of the way.  I may also consider a further "road trip" to deliver it prior to June - I have a flexible work schedule.

As for playing "20 questions", ... ask away.

MPlayle

No.  Not one of the "Wild Goose" campers.

Willie_B

MPlayle

No.  Not one of the dune buggies either.

Willie_B

Did not say it is LWB so must have some extra front overhang that would prevent it from going far enough forward on the trailer. Like a Jem or Marcos.

MPlayle

I have to give the win to Brad (Willie_B).

It is actually a LWB Mini based item and does have the extra front overhang as it is a MK-4 Mini Marcos.

The MK-1 through MK-3 Mini Marcos used a custom floorpan based on the standard Mini wheelbase and with the front overhang were 136" long.  (A standard LWB Mini is just over 132" long.)  The MK-4 used a floorpan molded on the LWB floorpan and was about 4" longer than the earlier ones at about 140" total length.  Thus too long for the Kendon trailer.

Jimini II

I have always liked the look of the Mini Marcos but they just seem like you could not get enough airflow in them to keep from boiling over (me not the car) in a Florida Summer.
What are your thoughts on that in a Texas Summer which is just as brutal if not worse sometimes Michael?

MPlayle

The MK-4 has a form of roll-down door windows.  It should be no worse than a Saloon.

I'm willing to endure it.

Jimini II

Ahhhh i didn't know they ever came with a roll down window option then that's no problem.

MPlayle

Bringing the thread back on topic - selling the trailer.

It will come with both the factory ramps and the longer, folding ramps I got separately for better rise clearance.

I am willing to deliver over the Memorial Day weekend (end of May time frame) at a range of up to about 900 miles from San Antonio, Texas for an extra $500.

Basically up into Colorado front range, upper Kansas, etc.

MPlayle

Bump to the top. 

The trailer is still available.  Still asking $3500 (OBO) for the trailer and willing to consider delivery for an extra fee (up to $500 depending on distance).

MPlayle

MPlayle

Price change for forum members: now asking $3000 for the trailer. 

Delivery possible for an additional $500 (up to 1000 miles from San Antonio max).

The full factory specs are listed in the craigslist ad referenced in the previous post.

MPlayle

Found a way to keep the trailer and make the Marcos fit.

My best friend and I decided to try an experiment with the trailer to get the Marcos to fit.

We made some wood "risers" at the front to raise the nose of the Marcos high enough to clear the front rail of the trailer.  an initial test with just a 2' section of 1"x10" board showed the idea would work.

The final result is 3 layers slightly staggered of the 1"x10" board with the trailing edges angle cut to better permit the front wheels to ramp up onto the risers.  We also put a stop block of 2"x2" at the very front.

The Marcos (and any other Mini) will now fit the trailer fine, so I'm keeping it and putting it back into Mini towing service.

BruceK

Cool!  Now you won't have to take a loss on it and you still have a useful trailer.  Are you going to drive up to Austin for the car show or use the trailer?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MPlayle

I am likely to trailer it to the Round Rock show.  I haven't had it out enough to feel confident in driving it to the show and back yet.

I also need to check the brakes.  I was getting some squeal from the fronts during medium braking in the heat yesterday (Friday) on the way home from my friend's where we were test fitting the Marcos on the trailer.