Looking for A/C compressor & drier

Started by Savage42, April 29, 2019, 11:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savage42

Hey Guys!  I'm new to the Classic Mini scene, as I just bought a '93 Rover Mini Mayfair (Japanese Export, RHD) and the A/C doesn't work.  Of course, being in Florida, it is a "must have" if I want to drive the car for more than half the year. 

Anyway, I'm looking for a source to get a new compressor & drier for the car.  Does anyone know where the best (or maybe only) place to get the parts so I can flush the system and get it charged up?  I also assume that most do the R12 to R134a retrofit at the same time, right? 

Any and all help is appreciated. 

Gary Savage
Sarasota, FL

jeff10049

Compressors can be found on ebay sometimes mini suppliers have new stock.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-MINI-AIR-CONDITIONING-COMPRESSOR-JPB100850-/332831247969

When converting to 134 its good idea to replace the hoses to new type barrier material so just get a universal drier like this.
https://www.ebay.com/i/221702968058?chn=ps

You can get hoses made at a hydraulic store like a Parker store or buy kits with bulk hose and assortment of ends from places like vintage air and have them crimped at a hydraulic place.

(edit)
flush out the evaporator and condenser with denatured alcohol and replace the expansion valve with one for 134.

(edit again)
Welcome to Restoration Mini.

MiniDave

I knew someone here would know - welcome to the forum!

Be sure to do an intro and post up some pics if your new ride, we love to see pics!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Savage42

Thanks for the help!  Crazy compressor is twice what I spend on my last 2 vehicles, so I guess I found the one part that isn't so "cheap" for these cars, eh?  ;^)   Wait, the fuel pump went out last week and that was $200, so I've needed 2 of the most expensive parts on these cars!  LOL