HIF6 for sale/ trade parts ($350 value range)

Started by Armycook, April 07, 2019, 07:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armycook

I have a complete and great condition HIF6 carb with manifold and K&N filter that is like to sell or trade for anything I might be interested in for my rally mini ($350 range value)I'm converting my car to right hand but I mostly got everything I need but might want to replace some worn items. The carb came out of my running 1293cc engine with BDM needle and replaced with the dual H4 carbs over a year ago only. Dash pot even still have oil in it. I'm located in San Diego, CA

So HIF6 + manifold + K&N filter and Throttle Cable middle bracket
You can email me at santarinala@gmail.com

TRP

Super long shot here...

Is this carb set up still for sale/trade?

I have a complete set of 10x6 mini lite style wheels and like new yoko tires plus new Wood and Pickett style flares (w/rubber) I could trade for this set up.  I was going to go for the more aggressive look but since the car is such an early Mk1 I'd better stick with the vintage racing style.

Flares / Arches mount to the fender lip (not the body). They have only been notched for initial mock up.  Rubber is still in package. Wheels / tires are like new.

I'm in Morgan Hill, CA.

I can provide photos if interested.

Ted

Armycook

Sorry about not updating this but I already sold it

tmsmini

Marcel(Chicm)has one for sale on the MM board.
https://www.minimania.com/msgThread/124391/1/1/Downsizing__Parts_and_cars

I have one as well, but it uses a non standard linkage. Mine was recently overhauled by Joe Curto.

MiniDave

$350 for carb and manifold is a decent deal if the carb is good.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

TRP

Thanks and no problem, I understand time can get away from us.

I'll keep looking for a 6 (1.75). The one on MM is a 4 (1.5).

Thanks again,
Ted

tmsmini

HIF44 is the metric equivalent of an HIF6.

You are welcome to look at the one I have. I am in Fremont.
Terry

LarryLebel

F!

tmsmini

Actually a 44 is really 1.73228 inches. I asked Joe Curto about converting mine to use the more common linkage as used on a Mini and he said if it is working don't change it.