Coopers and Coffee at the Roasterie

Started by MiniDave, October 14, 2018, 03:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

This is the KC Mini Club's main event of the year, and this is our 12th year, although the third at the Roasterie. We raise money for two causes, Harvesters (a local food bank) and The KC Pet Project, a no kill animal shelter and we usually raise between 2 and $3K for each cause.

Usually the weather in early October is beautiful, cool and sunny. This year was the first where the weather did not co-operate - when I got to the site it was misting heavily, but within an hour it stopped, but the temps continued to drop thru the day. The big raffle happened at 2 pm and by 2:30 the rain hit - hard! This year for the first time ever, I actually won something! I hit on the Mini branded leather cased Leatherman tool, and the biggy - one of three Mini folding bicycles provided by our local MINI dealer Baron MINI. Each of these bikes retail for $697 and as I said, they provided 3 of them. This is a very well made folding bike, Don has one and it's easy to ride and beautifully finished. When the weather broke so did the show, but everyone made it home safely for a really nice event. I haven't heard the totals yet but I'm sure we'll have another nice check for each of our supported groups.

A few pics....the event is limited to 60 cars, although we welcome all club members to come and buy raffle tix, all but a very few of the cars showed up but the turnout of walk ins was really held down by the weather.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

BruceK

Looks like a fun event.  Love the static display of the DC-3.   

Is the bike small enough to fit in a regular MINI?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

It folds up so it will fit in a Mini or a MINI!

I did not, the weather will be better next week so I'll so it in the next few days

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

The final number was over $4K raised, pretty good for a small club like ours - 60 cars in attendance on a cold, blustery rainy day.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Got my MiniBike!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

BruceK

As soon as I read the word minibike I had an immediate flashback to the single most desirable object of my neighborhood when I was 11 years old.   We all wanted to ride it but the owner controlled who got rides like a Mafia don controls favors. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Now you come and say "Don Corleone, give me a bike ride" But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me "Godfather."

BruceK

Haha.  Dan has nailed it.  There I was, an 11 year old Luca Brasi rehearsing my plea trying to impress the minibike owner. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Lol.  Godfather may your daughters first child be a masculine child...now about this bike.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MiniDave

Took the dogs to the park today, while Rose walked the boys I cruised around on my new Mini bike - it rides easily, steers well and now that I've folded it up and unfolded it a few times it's very easy. It will be perfect for cruising around at car shows or in the pit at the races.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad