Classic Minis United - Mini 60 registration is open! One Love - One Mini

Started by Fastclown, March 08, 2019, 02:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastclown

Mini 60 Registration is open!!!

Share this with your Mini friends and spread the word.

The club website (www.classicminis.org) now has all of the information on the most spectacular, amazing, fun, exciting, epic, classic Mini event in the USA! If you like driving your Mini, mountains, the nighttime ice cream run, the famous scavenger hunt, Hot Wheels racing, the International Mini Film Festival, swap meet, silent auction, and the BIG Mini 60 B-day party, don't miss this one!

Note, pre-registration ends on 6-28-19. The cool Mini 60 give-a-ways are only guaranteed to those that register by this date. Also the prices go up $20pp after that, so get it in before/ASAP. As some will ask why? Because with this being the biggest event that we have done, we want real numbers to plan on with plenty of time to get things ordered and organized. Oh, and because we can, he he he....

I hope to see a lot of you there!
Mike

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

So who all is going?

I know Jedduh has registered, I figure Scargo will be there as it's almost in his backyard too.... ;D

I saw WillieB's registration too....and Malcolm

Anyone else?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Fastclown

We're at about 85 Minis. Scargo won't be there as it's the same weekend as the SCCA Runoffs in VA. I should be there...

See ya soon!!!! This is going to be GREAT!

Mike

MiniDave

Hey Mike, see if you can get Rob to send me my CMU number? I asked politely but haven't heard from him. My reg is sitting on the table ready to mail.......I already paid thru Paypal and have my hotel booked.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Quote from: MiniDave on September 13, 2019, 08:18:13 AM
Hey Mike, see if you can get Rob to send me my CMU number? I asked politely but haven't heard from him. My reg is sitting on the table ready to mail.......I already paid thru Paypal and have my hotel booked.

I don't think the numbers are on the site anymore i don't think i put mine on the form, i would just send it in i am sure Rob has the file.

Edit: Mike beat me to it.

Fastclown

Dave... 1154-KS

Yes, worst case as we are all busy, you can send it in without the number and then Rob contacts me for them...

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

I think John McGee is bringing his turbo charged D series Clubman Estate....should be fun to see and hear that one run!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Scargo

Mike is correct, I'll be at the Runoffs at VIR for nearly a week. Too bad about the conflicting dates, but as perennial Runoffs attendee, I've waited for the SCCA to stage this event at VIR ever since the track re-opened in 2000. The last time CMU was in Wytheville, VA. was in 2013 for Mini 54. We had a great time then and I'm sure you will have one this time around too ... Enjoy!

There's a good chance I may be seeing John McGee this weekend. If so, I'll let him know he's being talked about.

MiniDave

I talk to John regularly on FB, and on the phone.....  77.gif

I love VIR, fantastic road course, I've driven it a few times, and would love to drive it again in something quick like a JCW MINI!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jedduh01

I'm in with Pickup  + 63 sedan with child seats for Saturday family drives.
  My Moke is TBD .. MIGHT get it up there ...

Cole is sorting his car and doesn't trust it with all his changes over the year... if he's not there in his car he will Pilot my Moke... Towing up using our shared trailer

Ben = has awakened his mini a week or two ago = converted to 7.5 brakes + 10" wheels = new rubber installed so far he says the Smaller wheels and less offset have become the best combo for his Vtec package... Curvy roads to still investigate.  Also steering angles he is sorting.. Searching for a good handling vtec package...

Have another +1 from Charlotte to come  - Has a white   67 Cooper S - Has been in his family for life, he has resurrected it this year. this will be its first BIG trip.

+ another Moke is Possible ..  a Neighbor actually . Has rebuilt his from the ground up too over the past 2 years == Hopefully hes coming., but he's been away for months I haven't caught up in a while with him locally to schedule.

All staying at the campground / KOA

MiniDave

I'm at the Red Roof Inn, but we need to meet up once there. I'm travelling alone this year.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Bringing my Moke still working on it just a few things to do that didn't get done before i went to the IMM.
Staying at the campground, this should be (as always) a great event.

MiniDave

One week till I leave for CMU 60, lots of things left to do to the Racing Green before I go....rotate tires, check/replace brakes, replace brake fluid, change oil and filter.

Also need to do somethings to the Blue Clubby....change oil and filter, rotate tires, check brakes, replace brake fluid. Then give it a good clean.....

I'm staying at the Wed Woof Inn....nice showers and A/C - heat and a decent bed are valuable  to me. Camping......not so much. maybe if I had a 40 Ft diesel pusher......  :-)

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Heading out tomorrow morning bright and shiny, see you all in Wytheville!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jedduh01

Travel Safe Dave!

Ill be getting to Wytheville Wednesday Afternoon .

Traveling up with Cole, and another Charlotte Mini owner.  Ben is TBD ...   another local backed out.. Failure to plan.

Either way  planning on 80+ Mini's =  including my 3!

MiniDave

You're taking spare Minis?   ;D  Looks like it's only about a 2 hr drive for you guys......

I have a friend who lives at that big lake just north of Charlotte, Lake Norman?

See you Wed afternoon!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Was ready to go a day early so she said just go. Got to the campground Tuesday afternoon. Will see what happens the day before now.

MiniDave

It wouldn't be  Mini event without a little adventure and drama!

I left this morning, and was cruising along smoothly, I pulled off 70 Hiway at Wentzville east of St. Louis....I could NOT get the gas cap off, and I destroyed it trying to. I was down to 80 miles of gas and it was 45 miles to the MINI dealership but I decided to go for it, and made it OK. They had me pull into the shop and the whole place emptied out to look at the green Mini. Two guys went to work on it and had it off in about 3 minutes. A $36 new cap and a fill up across the street and I was back on the road.

I drove to just east of Lexington and called it a night. Tomorrow will only be about a 5 hour drive and I'm there.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Get any explanation as to why it wouldn't budge?  I'd assume you filled up the morning of or day before.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Nope, weirdest thing....it wasn't bound up when I put it on when I filled up, like you said. It went off and on easily.

Today's drive will be an easy but more fun 5 hours, the last half looks like a lot of curvy hilly stuff into Wytheville, Va.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I was just in Wentzville the day before on a trip to visit relatives.  I sure would have been surprised to see you!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Two MINIs passing in the...... ;D

I made it to Wytheville, it was a long damn drive.....hills and curves are fun in a MINI, but not so much when you're towing and dodging trucks and construction zones. I'm bushed!

Heading over to the KOA in an hour or so to get checked in, then I think I'll make it an early night.

I think I'll raise the front end a bit, it seems a bit low, especially on the right front.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad