Part 2: the best way to get a new windshield for a Mini

Started by ADRay, March 01, 2019, 01:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADRay

the other big Spring project after tires is a new windshield. Ones shipped from England are cheap, and from what I've read, can't be guaranteed that I won't receive a box of glass. State side options seem expensive, and I'm not sure if I'd be SOL in the same manner.

Are there more options? What have people had good luck with? Thanks.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

94touring

I always order 2 at a time from minispares.  They double them up and package them well.  You could probably buy 5 windshields from them for the price of 1 stateside. 

MiniDave

I've ordered several from MiniSpares, never had a problem - but I would order two as well, you can always sell the spare.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

ADRay

1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

joakwin

I ordered my new front one from moss, it was $130 plus $30 shipping

and it shipped fast

I ordered rear glass from minimania feb 20th and they haven't even shipped it yet

I ordered door glass and side pop out windows from mini sport in the Uk feb 20th, and they haven't shipped yet....I sent them a email a few minutes ago

im going to call mini mania tomorrow and ask them wtf!!

I need to find another place for side glass

im almost ready for the new glass to go in and im going to be waiting a few weeks for them to come in

edit: mini sport said the back glass is on back order right now, my side windows are ready to ship, and they will find out when the back glass will be in stock and give me a date within a day or so

D16z6 Automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes, deseamed shell

MiniDave

I order from MIniSpares on Sunday evening - that way they have the order first thing Mon AM, and they usually have it in my hands by Wed or Thursday.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on March 04, 2019, 03:17:02 PM
I order from MIniSpares on Sunday evening - that way they have the order first thing Mon AM, and they usually have it in my hands by Wed or Thursday.

I still find that amazing.  Mini parts arriving from the UK in an Amazon-like timeframe.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

About 18 months ago I ordered two windscreens from MiniSpares and had them shipped to Dan who was working on my car at the time.  Before shipping, MiniSpares contacted me and warned that they did not guarantee the glass would arrive unharmed and the risk was on me, not them, if they cracked or broke.  But they packed them very well and both arrived fine.  If I remember correctly, the cost per windscreen, including shipping, was about $115.  Dan installed one of them in my car, and we made a deal and he took the other one.

Seven sells a Mini windscreen for $374 plus shipping!!!!   :-[

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara