the best way to buy 10” tires in the USA?

Started by ADRay, February 27, 2019, 08:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADRay

so it's finally time to make the move to answer the most popular question I get about my Mini - where do you get 10" tires.

Looking around on the Internet, I can find 4 Yokohama A008 165/70R10 (sane ones I have), shipped free for around $475. I can also buy them  from England (Mini Sport) for around $280, not accounting for shipping, which I'd like to think wouldn't be more than $100, so around $400. I'm in NH, so I usually order parts from Mini Sport because they sell for less, and the stateside Mini parts houses are all out in CA.

Before I pull the trigger, does anyone have any other / better resources for Mini tires? Thanks.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

MiniDave

MiniSpares has the Yokomama A008 for £46.50 each = £186 for 4 tyres which is $246 at today's rate - shipping to me in Kansas is usually about $100 to my door.....so $346 delivered.

Still way cheaper than buying them from one of the US usual suspects..

I just bought 5 Falkens for Clancy's Moke from MiniSpares for $327 delivered - those are the 145/10s tho...165's were only a few $ more - and again, that's for 5 tires.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

You could always run American racers like I use!  Maybe a bit extreme if you drive your car often.  Side by side to 008s, both mounted on 10x6 rims.

$72 each stateside.

dimini

Granted, its been a few years now, but I saved substantially by purchasing 8 tires direct from Midland Wheels, in the UK. AKA MWS.   I bought a set of 10" A008's and a set of A032R's.  This is the same company that sells the current Revolite, Minilite & Mamba 10x6" wheels.  Even w/shipping, they were way cheaper than buying from any US sales outlets.

94touring

I've bought several wheel and tire combos from Midland. They do have good prices and shipping.

jedduh01

+3 for Minispares

The mini forum = add a 5 £ subscription + place your mini spares order and include your TMF member ID = 7% off invoice= at checkout

Mini spares also ships DHL -  Usually 3 days to deliver
      = and MANY things fit INSIDE a set of tires so shipping  any spares or accessories becomes VERY VERY CHEAP.

Think Brakes - or service - or maintenance or accessories you may want.

drmini

Coker Tire in Chattanooga TN offers 145/10 Camac tires for $65.  They were real hospitable to the Minis back in 2011 when I hosted the MME there.  Our group toured their facility and they gave us a discount for folks shopping that day.  Who knows, perhaps they will remember the Minis and give you a discount if you mention we toured their museum back in 2011.  Just a thought.

ADRay

thanks everyone for weighing in. While I haven't totally decided, you've given me more options than I had. Thanks again.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998