FS:10 Inch Front Brake Conversion (Joltfreak's Honda Vented Kit)

Started by thebluepotato, January 18, 2019, 09:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebluepotato

This is an original Joltfreak kit that was on my '74 Mini before restoration and in good shape.  This is the FULL kit, plus much more - Comes with everything pictured here (kit/bracket, Tokico Calipers/mounting plates, 8" rotors, EBC pads, hubs, steering arms, etc.).  Pads still have good material left on them (I believe they are EBC Red pads, but not 100% sure) and Tokico calipers have no visible leaks, etc.  These were working perfectly when I removed back in 2016 and have been in climate controlled storage since.  These allow anyone to go with most 10" wheels on their mini setup by using this conversion.  Pads, calipers and discs can be replaced at any time for a 84-87 Honda setup at any parts store.  For more information, check out http://joltfreak.tripod.com/id1.html .  This setup is used, therefore sold as is.  Can provide additional pics as requested.  Asking $500 + ground shipping. 

Willie_B

I had this setup on my mini before going with cooper 7.5's. I really liked it and think they offer better brakes than the 7.5's. The sticking point is wheels that fit over them. If that is not a problem then I would still have them on. For someone that has drums now this is the way to get much better brakes.

There are also at least two "classic mini parts for sale" groups on Facebook if you go there.

thebluepotato

Quote from: Willie_B on January 18, 2019, 10:11:53 AM
I had this setup on my mini before going with cooper 7.5's. I really liked it and think they offer better brakes than the 7.5's. The sticking point is wheels that fit over them. If that is not a problem then I would still have them on. For someone that has drums now this is the way to get much better brakes.

There are also at least two "classic mini parts for sale" groups on Facebook if you go there.

Yes, great point!  Would need to make sure your 10" wheels would fit - with Diameter and offset, but I think most of the aftermarket 10" wheels with larger offset would fit fine.  But good to measure as well  62.gif

Jimini II

Willie_B

Depends on the wheel offset. I did not when I used this setup.

thebluepotato

Quote from: Jimini II on January 18, 2019, 10:54:17 AM
Do you need to run flares with this set up?

So here is what my mini looked like when the Joltfreak kit was on.  These were 10x5 Superlite wheels (AU) and I think the specs are 10×5.5 – 4/101.6 ET +20, so higher offset.  Was also using those spacers I am including in the kit in order for the wheels to clear correctly, but setup was really strong and worked well.