Moke Parts Needed

Started by MiniDave, January 13, 2019, 06:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

I need a steering column, complete - inner and outer... all for a MK1 Moke

Also a set of top bows - if anyone has these please let me know, along with price needed.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

I believe the steering column is the same as the MKI mini.  I know the cover is. I will look at what i have.

MiniDave

Thanks, let me know......it's for Clancy's Moke. He found the inner shaft I think but the rest is missing. The car has been stored in 12 different places for 20 years or more so he's had a tough time finding everything.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Scargo

Seven has used and rebuilt steering columns in their Moke parts listings and M-Parts carries hoop sticks (aka: top bows).

MiniDave

Thanks, Howard...I'll have a look see.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

No luck on the steering column...

MiniDave

I found a couple on UK Ebay and sent the links to Clancy....they were later model, but 10% of what 7 Ent wanted for theirs. I also emailed a guy on Mania who said he had a lot of Mk1 parts to see if he had one.....thanks for checking, WillieB

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

I have an outer column, but it is also a MK II style as it does not have the welded brackets for a MK I cowl.

Edit:
After looking the diagrams and descriptions on Somerford, I am not sure what year this is for.
I bought it as a MK I but it did not have the ears or welded brackets for the cowl. Then someone told me it was for a later car, but it does not match the diagram on Somerford.

If you don't find anything else reasonable, this is available for shipping costs.

MiniDave

Thanks, I managed to find one from one of our forum brothers here!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad