Rear Defogger Repair

Started by tmsmini, November 01, 2018, 06:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmsmini

Anyone used this:
https://www.permatex.com/products/specialized-maintenance-repair/defogger-repair/permatex-rear-window-defoggerelectrically-conductive-tab-adhesive/

I broke the connector and resoldered it. It worked fine, but then I was adjusting the side window gasket and bumped the connector. I don't think soldering will work again.

BruceK

Wow, that is a pretty damn specialized product.    No, I haven't used it.  But when I read the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about repairing the grid lines on the window.  I tried my car's rear defogger for the first time last weekend - it was very humid and as soon as I pulled my Mini out of the garage at 6am all the windows immediately fogged over.  It turns out there is a grand total of 1 gridline that works on my back window.  So there's a lot of room for improvement!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

joakwin

I need to fix mine also, I broke it while installing the back window into the car

D16z6 Automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes, deseamed shell

tmsmini

Permatex makes a kit to repair the grid lines as well.
It should be in the link as a related product.

John Gervais

The gridlines on mine worked great when I bought the car 20 years ago, now they're pretty much crusted away to nothing. 

Heated Screen Kit

I've considered installing one of these stick-on de-icers.
- Pave the Bay -