Author Topic: 73 Mini Innocenti 1300 Export  (Read 16982 times)

Offline 94touring

Re: 73 Mini Innocenti 1300 Export
« Reply #550 on: June 03, 2019, 10:23:27 AM »
You'll need to use the old door cards as the template to drill into the new cards and door pockets.

Offline MiniDave

« Reply #551 on: June 03, 2019, 11:18:50 AM »
Except the new ones are different than the old one.....and we didn't have one on the other side. I'm a ways away from doing that. Need to get some butyl rubber seal to stick down the new plastic inner membranes, and I'm going to do the same under the rear parcel shelf to keep noise/smells from the boot from coming into the car.

Fortunately the new door cards came with the holes for the clips, door handles etc already punched out.
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline MiniDave

« Reply #552 on: June 11, 2019, 03:30:26 PM »
Yesterday, I drove the one hour up to the crankshaft shop to see what the heck was going on, since it's been a month or more and I still didn't have the crank. The last time I was here they asked me when I was going to get them the gear they needed to match the crank too - I was flabbergasted as I had delivered that gear to them weeks before.

They said they would get to it "sometime this week", but this morning I got a call that it was all done (!?!?) , so I drive up there again.

They bring out the crank and flywheel assy and I ask about the rods and pistons. They ask did I bring them up? Crikeys! They've had those since day one! So while I wait they go all over the shop looking for the box with those and find them amongst the parts for another car. He says he'll balance them while I wait and about an hour later they're all done. He did say they balanced out nicely, so this should be a nice smooth motor when it's done. I know I'm going to find something missing that I desperately need still, but for now it's all home and back in my control.

The seats are also supposed to be done by Friday, so there is some progress at least.....
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT