73 Mini Innocenti 1300 Export

Started by MiniDave, October 23, 2018, 01:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on March 12, 2019, 12:53:29 PM
But then the speedo will be even more wrong (its already Kilos instead of Miles)  ;D

The answer is:   more red tape!!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

lol yes more red tape.  My speedo is already off 10mph. 

MPlayle

MiniDave

Doesn't have an Innocenti decklid or any of the difficult to impossible to get badging, but other than that looks like a nice car.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Dave, I think you're being way too generous. First off that car is not a Cooper model from what I can tail. Secondly, as you noted it doesn't have any of the Innocenti special things.  Besides the missing badges, the grill is wrong, headlight trim rings are wrong, the wheels are wrong.  I bet the interior is just generic Mini. It may be a nice car but there's no point in mentioning it's Italian heritage on the advert because none of it seems to be left.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

It does have the multi gauge dash at least.....and a roll bar/head banger.

It also has the same style seats as our car...but as Bruce says, it has NONE of the Italian lights or other trim save the round repeaters on the wings.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Until he tracks down a $500 grill from Croatia, I say it's not good enough  77.gif

tmsmini

Where is that guy in Croatia coming up with the stuff? He had a full dash available a few days ago.

MiniDave

All righty then, the Inno is ready to go to the Spa for it's beauty treatment!

Tomorrow I'll pick up a truck and trailer and get it loaded, then Sat early we'll head south.

Half my wiring repair stuff came in today, the other half (stripety wires from England) will be here Monday, and I'll just use the green car as a model to make up the harness while the Inno is gone to Dan's.

Plans right now are to pull all the glass, doors and subframes out at Dan's, and get it on a dolly or up on stands, then he can have at it. When I come back to pick it up we'll put the subs in and load it back on the trailer and I'll do the finish assembly. By then I should have the motor done and ready to go back in too....the paint in the boot and under the boot was damaged by fuel leaking out of the tanks due to the hoses being damaged by good old ethanol fuel, and there are two tiny little rusty bubbles to fix too. He's also going to paint the fuel tanks.

Before I could reinstall the boot lid I had to make up some studs for the hinges, they had used bolts and they were none too secure, I just cut the heads off some short 1/4-28 bolts and locktited them into the hinges.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Quote from: tmsmini on March 14, 2019, 07:31:01 AM
Where is that guy in Croatia coming up with the stuff? He had a full dash available a few days ago.

My guess is that he's parting out a wrecked car.....haven't seen him post any body panels like the unique-to-Inno's boot lid or doors, just the associated parts.

He posted that dash before, months ago, but he didn't quote a price, he must want a pretty penny for it!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

You guys really need to come up with a nice name for this classy Italian lady. 

May I suggest Sophia?

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Ha! I saw the film clip of her driving that Mini - she crashes into the guy's Fiat 500 (600?) till it's on it's side and completely smashed! Pretty funny.....woman scorned indeed!  ;D

I'm not sure about the name, tho I like Sophia.

I have the truck and trailer all arranged, the car is down on it's wheels and ready to roll onto the trailer tomorrow. Hope I can arrange some help, with no brakes I don't want it rolling away!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

WillieB sent me some neoprene to make new gaskets for the turn signal lenses - thanks WillieB!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Loaded up and ready to go to the beauty shop tomorrow......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Bon voyage, Sophia!

(See what I did there?).  ;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Dave and the gang dropped off the inno. We quickly tore it apart.   I've begun attending to the handful of flakey paint areas and even found a spot requiring a patch on the kick panel.  I should make quick work of this. Boot area will test my patience.

MiniDave

Just got home, long day today.....

Dan had the shop all spiffed up and organized so once we unloaded it was all hands on deck to get the subframes out, glass removed and ready for Dan to work his magic. He says I can pick it up on Monday.....   ;D ;D ;D ;D

What's the old saying? Many hands makes for quick work!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Quote from: BruceK on March 15, 2019, 04:30:48 PM
Bon voyage, Sophia!
(See what I did there?).  ;D

I did!

I looked up the 50 most popular girls names in Italy, #1 was Sophia.......I was thinking maybe Gina - but she didn't even make the list!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Will be making a stop at the paint store tomorrow morning.  Have the half a dozen areas requiring prep, but I'm thinking it will be painted Tuesday. 

BruceK

Well, I had a motive. Assuming the plan is still to sell the Innocenti on BaT, having an Italian Mini with an Italian girl's name could help generate interest.  Look how Denworks presents his cars and makes sure to have his bulldog included in some of the photos of the cars he's selling on BaT.   A gimmick in the auction - one that's not too overtly gimmicky - can draw attention and eyeballs. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Quote from: 94touring on March 17, 2019, 01:35:36 PM
Will be making a stop at the paint store tomorrow morning.  Have the half a dozen areas requiring prep, but I'm thinking it will be painted Tuesday.

Looks like you've already welded up the extra holes in the fender and scuttle?

Bruce, that sounds like fun...I can use Neo in the pics and he can ride along in the videos - since he's SO black he'll show up well.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

3 holes welded and one very minor patch.  This car is really solid.   I think you will be happy with fresh shiny paint!

94touring

Here's all the troubled spots needing fixing.

gr8kornholio

It's got some rare body filler disease!  Lol.  That's pretty good shape for sitting so long in midwest climate.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.