Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Big order of parts placed today.....I'm sure there'll be more...... ::) 77.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

velopackrat

If a record sale on BaT is the goal, I vote stock all the way.  Just clean everything:)

MiniDave

Regardless of what we end up doing with it, we are trying very hard to take it back to the way it was under (our guess) the first owner.....so the Abarth steering wheel and Cromodora wheels will stay, but we'll make it left drive and keep everything as original as possible.

All the parts I've ordered are mostly to bring it back into good running and driving condition. Leaving any old classic car like this sit for decades is really bad for them, and it can take a lot to bring them back.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

So we aren't going to vtec it??  ;D

MiniDave

Hmmmm.....lemmme think about it. No

Wait, lemme think some more. Still Nope

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniGene

Quote from: velopackrat on November 07, 2018, 02:58:56 PM
It's fun to read along and watch the progress you guys are making.  Thanks for sharing the saga.

I'll second that!  I'm living vicariously through everybody here on the board at the moment.  My garage is still full of boxes from moving. 

Keep it coming, fellas!

drmini

VTEC, a great way to throw money at your Mini and make it worth half the price it would've been worth if they just left it alone.

94touring

Dave will be waking up to a hefty purchase of a very mint inno grill. 

MiniDave

Hey, I've been up for..........................minutes now!   ;D

Nah, I just have a lot to do in the early am, get my shower, get the boys outside a couple of times, get them fed and out yet again. Mediate a scuffle over a chew bone when there are 14 of them on the floor and they both want the same damn one, etc etc etc.

Good find, that guy has been posting Inno stuff for months, but I had lost track of him as I hadn't seen anything from him in a while, glad you found him! I don't know if he has one car or several that he's parting out but I know a guy in Germany looking for some stuff if you have his contact info - PM me with it and I'll pass it along.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Funny i just seen one for sale on Mini parts trader USA.

94touring

Quote from: Jimini II on November 15, 2018, 09:01:40 AM
Funny i just seen one for sale on Mini parts trader USA.

Same guy. He posted it and I snagged it about 2 minutes later..

94touring

Glad today was pay day for me.  Added 2 more items to the purchase.  An inno battery cover and the very rare rear altimisso lights.  We have Lucas lights but the Altissimo name brand seem to be what everyone wants.  More Italian I guess!

Also little touches like key chains.

velopackrat

Link to Mini Parts Trader?  That is a new one for me. 
Oh, and like I need more Mini parts...

MiniDave

It's on Facebook, just do a FB search for MiniPartsTrader, there's also a British parts trader but that mostly seems to be MG and Triumph stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1458498971040131/

And for Dan, just joined this....Innocenti Club USA on FB, lots of interesting stuff and contacts there

https://www.facebook.com/groups/940954252682167/

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Major milestone, got the rear subframe out and stripped down, ready to go to the powder coater/blaster guy. The front one is already there. Only broke off one of the 8 bolts that hold the trailing arm outer brackets in place, I'll get the torch after that and it will come out. I also have to get the hot wrench after the screws that hold the front disc rain/dirt shields together, all four of them are phillips head screws and they are stuck tight. Both subframes are in remarkably good condition, no rust or damage anywhere.

Once I get every thing cleaned and stripped down I'll take this second load to the blasters and get them done too. The car has Spax adjustable shocks, both adjusters move and both work - changing the stiffness  - although they both look a little rough, they'll clean up. A little sanding and a squirt of paint and they're good as new.

I also picked up the extra keys from the locksmith, they all work too! I was surprised he had the ignition key blank on hand, it was a brand I'd never heard of before but when I found a place in England that specializes in this brand, the blank they showed me was exactly the same.....so, result!

In the meantime I'll drop the steering rack and start cleaning the bulkhead and engine compartment - there's very little to fix there, but I also have to pull the pedal assembly and steering column so I can move them over - also have to move the master cylinders and make up new lines for them. Oh, and it's supposed to warm up tomorrow o I'll replace the shop back door that disintegrated and if I have time, see if I can make the engine fire up.

Progress at every turn!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

MiniDave

I thought the pedal box was the same, just the accelerator was different? We got a LHD accelerator pedal assy...

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Pedal boxes are different too, but I'm not sure what we have yet.

Willie_B

If you look at from the top, the angle it leans toward is the side it is for.

MiniDave

Man I hope we don't have to scrounge up a LHD pedal box too.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

We got em laying all over!  Once you determine what it is we have, I'll scrounge one up.

MiniDave

Always the cock eyed optimist!   77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

With all the love and attention this is getting, are you really going to be able to move it on?

MiniDave

Well, we've talked about that.......we may have to work out a joint custody agreement or something!   77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad