front engine / radiator bracket

Started by gurunutkins, January 13, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gurunutkins

Hi
Been skulking around the forum for a few months, I'm restoring a 1960 countryman, the web site is http://miniresto.britautorepair.com/ and its only partially complete as the resto goes along. I have completed the engine and want to mount it in the subframe but dont have a front engine mounting bracket. it looks easy to fab up but there are not many good pictures that i can find. Does anyone have any large pictures they can send me so I can see how difficult it would be to fab. here is the pic from mini spares. I cant see how it fits on the end of the box with the right angle to go to the subframe unless only the lower bolt goes to the plate on the front of the gearbox.

I know the gearbox on my website is an autobox and this is for a manual box, but I have moded the engine for a 4 speed manual, just dont have the pictures up yet of the 4 speed rebuild
many thanks for any help
cheers
barri

gurunutkins

dont worry about the question if I turn the bracket 180 degrees from the way I was looking at it then i can see how it fits  ;D must be the Alzheimer's kicking in again.

any good pictures of it fitted still appreciated however
cheers
barri

macmanron

Anyone need one of these, I have one all powdercoated and ready to sell.
1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

gurunutkins

what do you want for it macmanron?
cheers
barri