Tie Rod Arms needed

Started by Bahowe1, July 30, 2018, 05:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bahowe1

Hey guys, wondering if any of you have a junk steering rack laying around?  I'd really be interested in having the tie rod arms from it, and I would pay shipping and a little more if needed.
Let me know,
Thanks
Ben

94touring

Remind me in about a week when I'm back home. I probably have a few laying around, if I haven't chunked them in the trash.

Bahowe1

Thanks Dan, I set a reminder for myself to remind you... ha!

rauckhwj

i gor one laying around in Florida.

BruceK

I'm not trying to stir things up, but brand new steering tierod ends are like £4 from MiniSpares.  That's under $6 each. Why not go new?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Willie_B

I think he wants the shafts coming out on the rack to the tie rod ends.

94touring

Ut oh, now that I fully read the post I'm not sure what you need.  Tie rods, track rods, or steering rack arms minus the body part of it?

Bahowe1

I probably should clarify.  Picture attached. 
Thanks!
So does anybody have any of these??

joakwin

Quote from: Bahowe1 on July 31, 2018, 03:19:02 AM
I probably should clarify.  Picture attached. 
Thanks!
So does anybody have any of these??

http://minispares.com/catalogues/classic/Classic~Mechanical~Parts~Manual/Front~~Rear~Suspension/Steering~Rack.aspx?1~8~72
www.somerfordmini.co.uk/eshop/index.php?main_page=page&id=50

looks like the part you want is gsv1009,

not sold anymore, so you pretty much have to buy the complete rack

D16z6 Automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes, deseamed shell

Bahowe1

My reminder popped up, Dan, you happen to have junk racks?  Or do I need to 'go fish'?
Thanks!
Any one else?

94touring

Thanks for the reminder! I'll know in a bit.  Meeting with another member this morning to discuss a build.

94touring

Not sure how to get these out, but this work with your style?

Bahowe1

Yeah Dan!  Don't worry about getting them out, you can just cut them off.  I need that threaded portion, and the rod that leads up to that ballish type end.  If you can just cut it off at that ball area, that'll be plenty good enough.
As you guys know, my suspension is the minitec suspension, and I trying my hand at steering geometry and I think I might need to lengthen the arms, hence me needing two.

94touring

Castrate it at the balls, got it.   

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

They sure did unscrew.   Pm me your addy and I'll get these in the mail. 

Jimini II

Quote from: Bahowe1 on August 06, 2018, 11:29:26 AM
Yeah Dan!  Don't worry about getting them out, you can just cut them off.  I need that threaded portion, and the rod that leads up to that ballish type end.  If you can just cut it off at that ball area, that'll be plenty good enough.
As you guys know, my suspension is the minitec suspension, and I trying my hand at steering geometry and I think I might need to lengthen the arms, hence me needing two.
I don't know how much length you need but i have heard that Triumph Spitfire track rod ends are the same thread as the Mini and are longer. Moss probably sells them.

MiniDave

That's another way to go - the guys who lower their cars use them......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad