Group 2 Rally Arches (fiberglass) : New

Started by thebluepotato, July 27, 2018, 09:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebluepotato

$100 OBO - Bought these new in UK from MiniSport (Part No: SPDSP-5J, minisport.com) and only installed one rear arch when my Mini was going under full restoration last year for placement and wheel coverage. As with any fiberglass arch for the classic mini, they are natural/raw material and will need sanding for natural imperfections and then paint. This can be a DIY home project and spending some time on sanding and some minor filling will result in beautiful looking arches with Krylon black or satin. Priced out painting at body shop at time of restoration and was only $100 for prep/sand/primer and body color match. I have the standard sheet metal screws that came with the arches, but would highly recommend that you consider stainless hardware to purchase on your own.

These arches are the ones that come down on the rear and cup under the bumper - not cut off like others. They are 45mm / 1.75" wide on front - suitable for 5" wide wheels. 4.5" wheels will also look nice, but 5" is the sweet spot.

Arches are in new-like condition and does have some minor imperfections (one mounting hole has small part of top fiberglass missing, but easy to fill in and sand - very minor) - there are no cracks on the arches. All holes are intact for mounting.

Buyer to pay for shipping within the US (including insurance for fragile item). Will not ship internationally - unless by DHL or UPS expedited/insured/signed.
Including pics of Group 2 Rally Arches on finished mini (not mine) for reference.