Mini Meet East Meets West June 24-27, 2019

Started by MiniDave, July 02, 2018, 07:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPlayle

Quote from: jedduh01 on July 02, 2018, 02:03:22 PM

From previous discussions on MM .. the premise longstanding has been the annual meet happens 'around' July 4th' because people have available extended vacation time  AND yes this is summer vacation for Kids to be out of school and people be able to attend.   also held more on the week - so people can 'travel' To and from   on the weekend.

That is also why they are almost never held anywhere in the south where it may be hot.

BruceK

Quote from: MPlayle on July 02, 2018, 03:23:34 PM
Quote from: jedduh01 on July 02, 2018, 02:03:22 PM

From previous discussions on MM .. the premise longstanding has been the annual meet happens 'around' July 4th' because people have available extended vacation time  AND yes this is summer vacation for Kids to be out of school and people be able to attend.   also held more on the week - so people can 'travel' To and from   on the weekend.

That is also why they are almost never held anywhere in the south where it may be hot.

I attended a MiniMeet in Atlanta in 1991.   I don't remember it being particularly hot that year.   

But I get your point. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

It can be over 100* in the summer in Kansas and Mo, and it can be 80% humidity to go along with it - not very classic Mini friendly on several accounts - no A/C, marginal cooling and so on.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jedduh01

Quote from: MiniDave on July 02, 2018, 04:36:21 PM
It can be over 100* in the summer in Kansas and Mo, and it can be 80% humidity to go along with it - not very classic Mini friendly on several accounts - no A/C, marginal cooling and so on.

And on Mini Mania RIGHT NOW ====  Mini Meet East is Underway ..  Northern New York State....   and a comment of the day from ' Big Al'
    Hot , Yes,   hotter than Hell 

- And i remember last year = Ohio...it was ...  HOT
  2016 and East ridge Tennessee = HOT
2015  And before that Chattanoogoa  HOT HOT

Outdoor events in July = No thanks.. Ill go to the Caribbean, where there are Trade winds a blowin!  and 88-90 Degrees every day!

the only MME i went was Charleston way back, boy I was a young buck == YES Charleston was HOT then too!

I guess thats why there are multiple few events + locations... Pick your poison.  (but not in June 15 thru August 30th...) 
Colarado sounds awesome
   Tulsa meet would be great ...

It takes a collective effort in every way!

Scargo

My last time there outside of attending a wedding in Vail two years ago was East Meets West Mini Meet in Colorado Springs back in '99, also hosted by M.O.T.R. The racing event was held at Pueblo Motorsports Park. See you there in '19.

MiniDave

Great!  The Snowmass area is a terrific drivers area, and the scenery is beautiful. Could be some mountain showers in the afternoon but the days should be sunny and warm. I'm looking forward to it too!

Aspen has a racetrack but it's been privatised, don't know we'll be allowed to run there, but it's a perfect track for Minis!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Any chance of running some laps at Aspen Raceway Park?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Cool! Do they still do the Deaf Camp summer concerts? Be neat if they could tie that together with the show, be a real attendance boost.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Winter Park did a fun event for us when we did Minis in the Mountains, we did an early evening parade down the main drag from the Vintage Hotel at the top of the hill, then they had us all park along the main road and did a concert in the park. It was cool, they cleared a lane right down the middle of the road, police at all the intersections waving us thru all the reds lights  etc. The people watching loved it!

I think when we invade a small town like Snowmass with a couple hundred Mini/MINIs t gets a lot of attention. Plenty of time for the organizers to get the word out to the media for this one......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

deanwilhite

Anyone here have a problem with the name of the event?

94touring

MiniDave

This just in!

My doc says the reason I was sick had nothing to do with the altitude, I was having a reaction to cortisone shots I took right before we left. I'd had two, one in my shoulder and a week later one in my knee......

Just to be safe I'm still going to take the pills, but I think I'm going to be fine for this trip. I really hope so as I love Colorado, my second favorite place right behind Sandy Eggo/ southern California. Now we just have to figure out whether it's just me going or me and the entourage (wife, dogs etc)  ;D

I think if we still have it, it would be fun to take the Innocenti......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

More good news, at least for me and high altitudes! I just got back  from a 2 week trip to Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, and California at altitudes of 6K and up and I had absolutely no issues!

I think I'm good to go on this one!

The wife has decided this is NOT the event for her, so I'll be carvaning up with Don (Ipock) and Don (Ruder). Both will be taking their Pups. Don R will tow while Don I will drive, now that we have his taller final drive ratio in and all his maintenance sorted. Ima flat tow behind my Clubman S, whichever car I take.

Now to get back to work on the Innocenti!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Not taking the inno out? I'll be in Estes the week before and may be around the 24th on the way back.

MiniDave

Yes, but I would flat tow it.....no A/C and it will be hot and humid driving across Kansas in the summer!

Yes, but you'll be in your BMW, right?  No Mini for you on that trip......although you could tow it to someplace in Colorado on your way up to Estes and store it till your return, then pick it up for the last couple of days of the event.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

OK, Don and I have sent in our registrations, and we're booked at the hotel!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I'll have my pickup truck, camping gear, and a few ladies with me.

MiniDave

A few? What are you - Mormon or something?  ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

I'm guessing the misses and the best man.  Can already hear the Three's Company song!
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

I have a harem lol. Misses, the best "man", best mans girlfriend, and apparantly a 4th girl may go too. 

tmsmini

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.

I am ignoring the warning for the old thread.
My wife and I are off on our adventure which includes MMEW.
I was going to create a blog for this, but Wordpress let me down and my site got corrupted with some terrible scripts even though I thought I had it locked down.

I created this facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/travellerlucy/

I am not sure how much it will get updated, but we will see. We are doing a combo of camping/hotel.

See some of you in Colorado...
Terry

MiniDave

See you there, have a great drive and be safe!  77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Lone Star Mini

Lone Star Mini
1982 Morris Mini 1000HL (heck of a lot of work ahead of me)
1992(?) Mini Cooper
1964 Austin Cooper
1980 Mini 95 (Pickup)

MiniDave

We're going to try and meet up with the Golden group at 10:30 Monday....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad