Mini Part Suppliers?

Started by Lone Star Mini, April 09, 2018, 07:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8kornholio

I'll second the JBFabrication.  Ordered his coil over rear turrets and his extended seat brackets.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

Quote from: Shrimps on June 03, 2018, 07:51:02 AM
  Although with the change in exchange rate the savings don't seem as significant as they once were since US resellers have lowered their prices a bit.

Based upon that statement I decided to take at fresh look at MiniMania since I am just about to place an order with Mini Spares. 

I looked but I sure didn't see any decent prices at MM.  As before, on the  items I checked the prices were about 2.5 times higher than at MS.  Or more.  For example, for a brake servo the MS price was £105, so about $140, and the MM price was $360! 

With that massive difference my money is going to the UK. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

A MiniSpares order arrived at my doorstep today via DHL, a mere three days (!) after I finalized it in some back and forth emails.  That's incredibly fast.

And, for those of you who have not been paying attention to exchange rates, the British Pound is really low right now.   The lowest I can remember.  It's a very good time to order stuff from the UK.

The current exchange rate is  £1 = US$1.27    4.gif

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Wow, it dropped back again......I don't need anything right now but it might be wise to stock up on some stuff that pretty much every Mini needs so I'll have then for the next one.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Hit 1.2 or 1.19 last year, then rocketed to 1.40s.  I saw upper 1.20s last week.

BruceK

Wow.   Didn't realize it had been down below $1.20.  That's really low.  The Brexit situation is a complete mess in the UK but it's beneficial to us right now.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

About like mine. Ordered Sunday night, arrived Tuesday afternoon.  Didn't realize it'd dropped. That is for the heads up. I should order my interior from ... o yea newton commercial.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Lone Star Mini

thought I would share in case people don't already know of the following.  I got these from a friend whom I trust completely.
- https://kentautodevelopments.com/
- http://www.retrominisltd.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=86_30_213&sort=20a&page=4
- http://preview.m-machine.co.uk/
- http://www.med-engineering.co.uk/

All four of these vendors are suppose to be top notch.  I can't speak to pricing, but sometimes when you must have the best, you might consider one of these.  I'm about to place a semi-large order from M-Machine for body panels so I will be able to add input to their service/quality.
Lone Star Mini
1982 Morris Mini 1000HL (heck of a lot of work ahead of me)
1992(?) Mini Cooper
1964 Austin Cooper
1980 Mini 95 (Pickup)

Willie_B

Just ordered a set of 10" A008's from Mini Sport. $301 delivered, not bad.

The tires are on sale for $55 and change. Helps offset the $77 shipping.

Jimini II

It does not make sense to order anything from the US parts vendors unless they have a part not available in the UK. The UK prices are so much lower even when the pound is strong and shipping with Mini spares or Mini sport is very quick, Somerford Mini also has some good hard to find parts.

MiniDave

Somerford also has the best parts diagrams too.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I wonder how many minispares parts are in there.

gr8kornholio

From the yellow line back is my guess.   ;D

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on August 22, 2018, 04:09:37 PM
From the yellow line back is my guess.   ;D

No way.  All the weight of your packages in the back would make the tail drag, wouldn't it?   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Lone Star Mini

I think my package is the rectangle on the ground behind the plane....
Lone Star Mini
1982 Morris Mini 1000HL (heck of a lot of work ahead of me)
1992(?) Mini Cooper
1964 Austin Cooper
1980 Mini 95 (Pickup)

gr8kornholio

I didn't order that much. Plus the parts are so tiny.