Sun visors suck

Started by stan360, March 29, 2018, 06:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stan360

So, today I had time to work on the mini.  My fiancee wanted to help.  71.gif .  We did some cutting for extra jute padding on the floor, and I find she has a skill at finding the holes in the headliner to attach the dome light, visors , and we will do the rear view tomorrow maybe. First time, uses a fingernail  , and exactly spot on.  I think I am going to have to put her to work to help me finish this thing.   So I put the new visors on and they sag.  I tried putting a bit of heat shrink on the stems to stiffen. That was useless.  What to do now? 

94touring

Wrap those things in tape till it stays.  Yeah they suck.

stan360

I used my old stems.  I notice the new ones have a couple raised points. Dont know if that helps ? But yeah, I will get the tape out.

John Gervais

I have mine tucked above the roll cage bar and I wear sunglasses.  The sun visors haven't sagged - nor can they be used - but I haven't had any unwanted glare problems that a good pair of Serengeti sunglasses couldn't solve.
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

Stan, you can put a small circle or dot of Velcro to hold them up.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

joakwin

Roll cage in my car with no sun visors

sun glasses work just fine

D16z6 Automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes, deseamed shell

Jimini II

Can't remember who but one of the vendors was selling the new stems for them.

stan360

I ordered the new style stems.If they dont work. I will try tape, then I try velcro. Something will work .

94touring

Yeah they don't work as intended either.

stan360

OK, so the new stems work.........for now.  Ha , I am sure this won't last long as they seem to be about the same design but with a couple bump stops, and then on with the tape.