mini mechanic in texas recommendation

Started by Rks, March 19, 2018, 08:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rks

I just moved to the Austin,TX area and I am looking for any recommendation on a mechanic that works on minis. One of my minis I believe has a seized clutch but I don't have the proper tools or space to open and replace it.

Thank you

MPlayle

I used to know of a couple of places/folks. 

I believe one was Terry Sayther automotive, although their website now seems to indicate just BMW service. 

The other was a Mercedes Benz shop guy that was into classic Minis and did moonlighting servicing classic Minis.  His name was Troy.  He was a member of the Austin Mini Cooper Car Club.  They used to be on MeetUp and then went over to Facebook.  You might be able to find a contact for him via the AMCCC Facebook stuff.

(I don't have a link as I've been away from Austin for a few years and also do not do Facebook.)

Rks

Quote from: MPlayle on March 19, 2018, 12:08:43 PM
I used to know of a couple of places/folks. 

I believe one was Terry Sayther automotive, although their website now seems to indicate just BMW service. 

The other was a Mercedes Benz shop guy that was into classic Minis and did moonlighting servicing classic Minis.  His name was Troy.  He was a member of the Austin Mini Cooper Car Club.  They used to be on MeetUp and then went over to Facebook.  You might be able to find a contact for him via the AMCCC Facebook stuff.

(I don't have a link as I've been away from Austin for a few years and also do not do Facebook.)

Thank you for the leads, I will give them a call/look and see what they say.