2005 Mini Cooper S w/ lots of upgrades. On B.A.T.

Started by stan360, March 18, 2018, 05:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stan360

I am selling my 2005 Mini Cooper S   

Check for the bring a trailer listing for the car.

Mileage is 31K

6 speed transmission
4 cylinder 1.6 with supercharger

Cosmetically the car is excellent.  The paint is excellent and has only a few minor scratches.  It also runs great and is mechanically sound , has never caused me any problems  as there are very few miles on the car and I have cared for my mini and drove it mostly in dry sunny weather.  I  spent thousands on upgrades to include...

Performance and engine upgrades

Complete brakes with slotted and drilled rotors
stainless coated lines
new calipers and pads all around
complete fluid change and brake bleed.
New emergency brake cables.

Borla Exhaust part 140119  Cat back performance exhaust

DDM works cold air intake
DDM works Intercooler diverter. I also modified the plastic scoop inside hood to perfectly fit to the diverter.

M7 Intercooler boots.
new gaskets for supercharger
New air intake duct , vacuum lines and map sensors

New power steering fan below with the safety upgrade .   The power steering pump itself is great has never caused any problems on this car.

M7 ATI super damper std crank pulley

Craven speed 15% supercharger reduction pulley.

Detroit tuned Modified bypass valve

Turner Motorsport Shark Injector USB software mod for performance.  Can be loaded or unloaded easily.

MSD coil pack
Kings borne firebrand ignition wires
Brisk spark plugs and gel wires.

Sprint booster.

Craven speed Strut tower defender supports

Optima gel battery

Ultra gauge OBD2 scan tool  gauge . I also have a code tool that plugs in for the car.

Always used Redline 5w30 Synthetic and oil change every 3000.  Also has a craven speed oil stick that is pretty cool.

Cosmetic upgrades

Custom boot and bonnet stripes

Aero kit front grill mods , I did these right and they look great.

Team Dynamics 17' wheels and run flat tires

Custom pool ball shift knob

Brushed steal E brake handle

Real leather shift boot and e brake boot.

Clear brake and 3rd brake lamps and LED bulbs wired correctly

Mini rubber antenna

Black jack rear view mirror

2 LED flashlights for the 12 V outlets

I added the factory armrest

Everything on the interior that had a scratch was replaced , including door panels , speaker grills,  All the silver trim around the radio and dash panel.

New console , every part replaced.

Install factory Aux input for running phone to stereo

I replaced every plastic trim and A pillar covers on the car.

New hood and hatch struts

New rubber door molding , bonnet molding and insulate pad for bonnet

There are many other small upgrades and tons of parts that I didn't list. Things like the light levelers underneath car, speed sensors, and anything that looked used or slightly dirty I tried to replace.

The seats and carpet are excellent with no tears stains or wear.  I have new factory carpet floor mats and factory rubber mats as well.

I spent a ton on this car and I  love to drive it. But life changes bring the sale, and I am almost ready to drive my 78' mini so I can be content with it.
( I have a pile of receipts and have probably spent 10K on upgrades alone on this car.)

Clean and clear title

I have many more pictures of the car and email them upon request.  I am in Lawrence, Kansas if you want to see and drive it .

I also have many original parts that I removed from the car and the factory wheels to be included.   And you can have the garmin GPS as well.

More pics in reply posts

Willie_B

94touring

Good luck with the sale, that looks very nice.

MiniDave

I think that's a perfect car to list on BaT, however as nice as it is I think $13,500 might be a bit optimistic. I would love to be proven wrong tho....there have been 2 - 2005 MINIs sold on BaT for $13,500 so I may be pessimistic in my estimate.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

This is almost a dead ringer for Noah, another classic mini owner here in DFW.  I really wish I could convince the wife one of these would make a great second family car / classic mini tow vehicle.

I know she'd have to learn to drive a standard in case she "had" to drive it and she throws the me selling my 07 for the fear of expensive maintenance back at me, but dang I love these.  Stupid practicality and all.  Maybe she'll love the color combo  ;D
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

stan360

some wheels

BruceK

That's a very nice MINI.  So many nice upgrades. Good luck with the sale. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

stan360

The car will be on bring a trailer in a day or two.

gr8kornholio

Congrats on the listing.  Did you get what you wanted from them?

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

They put a reasonable reserve on it and its priced to go.  I have a lot coming up in the next 6 weeks with trying to finish up the 78 Mini and get it driving. Which with the big ass scratch  mess I made set me back a little on time.  Moving from home to apartment , taking a trip and getting married.  So busy and trying to downsize a bit.  I am so sad to let the car go, because I cared for it and so much fun driving it.

gr8kornholio

3 interested parties, lets hope for a battle!

Nice last minute juice to the price.  Wish I'd stole it $9975 when I had a chance.  O well my wife is loving her Camaro and I'm glad you got more out of it. 

Congrats  77.gif

MiniDave

S11,510 is a good result IMHO, I think Stan came out well on this one.    4.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

I am so happy Dave, I hate to sell a SC early mini, because I will kick myself one day , but I think I may consider  adding super charger to  butters some day in couple years when it isn't fast enough. I did so much work to this Bmini and had a lot of enjoyment in that. 

It is good as I have some debt from starting the shop this year that this will cover and I can move this month and get married a bit easier now  .  So happy today.   Thank you Dave and thank you Dan for doing so much to help me on my mini restoration. I can never have such a cool car without you both, I am indebted you you both.  Soon I can drive the mini and do some road trips and have some fun with you all on my  new endeavors in life .  71.gif