The Restoration-Mini 10 year anniversary BBQ April 12-14 2019

Started by 94touring, March 11, 2018, 05:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on February 06, 2019, 08:03:51 PM
Quote from: BruceK on February 06, 2019, 04:53:43 PM
I'm planning on attending.  My job will have me working my butt off through the end of March, then *poof* I'll be suddenly retired.  So I'm in.   I will probably take my MINI rather than my Mini, just to avoid the hassle.

Ahem, this is a mini bbq.  77.gif

So...  if I'm hearing you right that means cocktail wieners instead of full-size hotdogs?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MiniManiac

New to this group, but I have known MiniDave for years and I have been driving my classic since 2004.  I am looking forward to this run!

MPlayle

94touring

I'm going to try and scout out a couple of the ones mentioned this coming week.

MiniDave

Quote from: 94touring on August 17, 2018, 11:36:36 AM
Ok so I will need a list of folks and I'd like a bunch of details and info on your cars.

Attendee's list is started on post #2

'89 Racing Green - 1275, HIF44, K&N filter, electronic ign, 8.4" discs, 13" wheels, aluminum rocker cover.

Bog stock AFAIK.

Ipock - 69 Pup, Honda D16 Vtec, 10" wheels, 7.5" brakes, everything refreshed recently.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I have the wideband ordered and on the way to those who want to see how their tune is.  I have a variety of small items to give away or raffle and one bigger item to raffle if it suits anyone.  And if no one wants it, I'll keep it for my next build!

MiniManiac

I am running very similar to Mini Dave's set-up

1275, HIF44, K&N filter, electronic ign, 8.4" discs, 12" wheels, aluminum rocker, road cam, magnaflow exhaust

Here are some dyno photos pre-exhaust.  I think I have a vacuum advance issue with my dizzy

94touring

Those are solid numbers, mustang dynos typically give a tad lower reading than dynojet too.

MiniManiac

Quote from: 94touring on February 11, 2019, 08:12:37 PM
Those are solid numbers, mustang dynos typically give a tad lower reading than dynojet too.

She runs like a champ!  I just replaced the coil on her and the only issue is the vacuum advance.  I am sure with the group going on this trip, that can be resolved. 

94touring

Here's my dyno sheet for comparison. I've done some tweaks since this and need to dyno again.  Hopeful I've picked up a few more ponies and torques.  I've also dropped a lot of weight off the car.

94touring

Scoped out roads today. Found a couple winners.  No real tight windies, but a lot of open road, little traffic, and the occasional curve.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

MiniDave

I asked Dan as our man on the ground to check out a couple of places - last time I was down there I stayed at the Motel 6 as it was on the very south edge of B'ville - what a huge mistake! None of the door key cards worked so anytime I wanted to leave or return to my room I had to get the desk person to lock/unlock the door for me.....the place was in terrible condition and right on the main road so there was a lot of traffic noise too.

So that we don't repeat my mistake I asked Dan to look at a couple of places before we reserve a block of rooms, the Candlewood and Holiday Inn Express that Don and I stayed at are both well back off the main road. Also, I've since learned from my world traveling brother - you stay on the top floor, that way you never have someone bounding across your ceiling at all hours like a herd of elephants - I had always booked a room on the ground floor as it was easier for me to get the dogs in and out - but that's not an issue on this trip!

They also have a Hampton and I've always been happy with them......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

94touring

Candlewood lady who does block rates is out till Monday. It's $75 a night as is.  There's also a days inn across the parking lot that's sure to be cheap for the skinflints.  I'll call Monday when the lady is available.

94touring

There's a few other tuning items available, an med intake kit for those with a hif44 setup, and a new vacuum unit for a 65D. 

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Hotel info update.  They gave us a whopping $5 off, so $70 per night at the Candlewood under "mini bbq".

3812 SE Washington Blvd, Bartlesville, OK 74006

Willie_B

Quote from: 94touring on February 18, 2019, 09:11:02 AM
Hotel info update.  They gave us a whopping $5 off, so $70 per night at the Candlewood under "mini bbq".

3812 SE Washington Blvd, Bartlesville, OK 74006

That looks good. The rooms have a kitchen so that is good.