The Restoration-Mini 10 year anniversary BBQ April 12-14 2019

Started by 94touring, March 11, 2018, 05:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Odds are I'll be at the shop the 11th and the 15th too.  If people get in early or stay later, there's plenty of time to really dive into tuning.  May be wise to figure out what needle you currently have and get a leaner profile, same profile (just in case), and richer profile.  Along with a blue and red spring.  Vizard says start lean and file it down as required.  You can't add thickness to make it leaner, though you have jet adjustments and room for error. 

MiniDave

Just got a note from Susan McKensie, she and John Styers will both be there with their Minis......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

I am finally ready to put this on the calendar as a definite.

Where are folks staying?  Is there a common hotel/motel being used or recommended?

I would like to get some reservations in.

94touring

I'd like to get a head count if people could please say if they're able to make it. 

Do people prefer to stay downtown Tulsa or north in Bartlesville? The shop is in bfe and closest civilization with hotels is north in B town 20 minutes, or south in T town 30 minutes.  I can get decent rates at the A-loft downtown, a block from my house and walking distance from restaurants/bars.  If anyone wants to stay at the shop, there is a twin bed available as well.

Willie_B

MiniDave

Dave, Don, John and Susan from KC/Lawrence area.

BTW, I started a list - 2nd post in this thread....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

As noted in yesterday's post: I will be there.  Just need to know where to make a hotel reservation so I don't end up in bfe from everyone else.

MiniDave

I was planning to stay in Bartlesville at the Holiday Inn Express, but I'm happy to go with the crowd. Probably more choice of meals and entertainment in T-town, but I'm afraid I'm no longer a late night party-er. I'm good either way.....

I moved your name to the committed list, Michael.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I will be hostless in Bartlesville.  Aside from the hardware store and auto parts store, I don't know the area. 

94touring

Welp downtown Tulsa has events that weekend and virtually everything is sold out in the downtown section.  No wonder hotels are going up left and right.

MiniDave

Sounds like we should book Bartlesville asap?

I do NOT recommend the Motel 6 in B'ville!

There are plenty of name brand hotels right along 75, including a Hampton Inn, Fairfeild Inn, Candlewood, Holiday Inn Express, DaysInn and Econolodge. Prices range from $55 to $87/night.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Quote from: MiniDave on February 05, 2019, 11:34:03 AM

That was starting to be my thought as well.  Like Dave, I'm happy to "follow the crowd" as it were.

Bringing the Moke will depend on the weather.

jedduh01

Quote from: MPlayle on February 05, 2019, 11:39:47 AM
Quote from: MiniDave on February 05, 2019, 11:34:03 AM

That was starting to be my thought as well.  Like Dave, I'm happy to "follow the crowd" as it were.

Bringing the Moke will depend on the weather.

There is never a bad time to Moke.. only a bad choice of clothing while Driving the Moke!

Keep a rain suit in one of the Panniers (frog togs) are my choice.

VOP 366J

Clancy Schmidt from Lawrence is also planning on attending.  Hoping he brings his Moke!

gasmini

Quote from: MiniDave on February 05, 2019, 08:59:03 AM

Dave you are going to have to remove me from the list as I can't make it that weekend. I kept thinking my other plans were another weekend but when I checked again they were the same. Hopefully I will make more money that weekend.

MPlayle

So, any consensus on where to start booking hotel rooms?

94touring

Dave, did you say you've stayed at that Holliday Inn up there?  Maybe everyone shoots for that if you know it's decent.

MiniDave

It's the most expensive of the three - I'm thinking Candlewood might be the best deal.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Quote from: gasmini on February 06, 2019, 10:47:26 AM
Quote from: MiniDave on February 05, 2019, 08:59:03 AM

Dave you are going to have to remove me from the list as I can't make it that weekend. I kept thinking my other plans were another weekend but when I checked again they were the same. Hopefully I will make more money that weekend.

sorry we'll miss you Galen, I'll amend the list.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

If we can choose a place, I'll call and see if I can get us a block rate....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

The Candlewood or Holiday Inn Express seem good options.

BruceK

I'm planning on attending.  My job will have me working my butt off through the end of March, then *poof* I'll be suddenly retired.  So I'm in.   I will probably take my MINI rather than my Mini, just to avoid the hassle. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

The part of this I'm having trouble with is the "working my butt off"....I mean, they're "firing" you so you're going to work your butt off for them? I'd be in cruise mode till the last day......I mean, what are they going to do? Fire you? Put it on your permanent record?  ;D

What hassle? Driving Emma? Bring them both? I probably will flat tow the Racing Green car down.

Glad you're coming!  4.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on February 06, 2019, 04:53:43 PM
I'm planning on attending.  My job will have me working my butt off through the end of March, then *poof* I'll be suddenly retired.  So I'm in.   I will probably take my MINI rather than my Mini, just to avoid the hassle.

Ahem, this is a mini bbq.  77.gif

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on February 06, 2019, 05:27:36 PM
The part of this I'm having trouble with is the "working my butt off"....I mean, they're "firing" you so you're going to work your butt off for them? I'd be in cruise mode till the last day......I mean, what are they going to do? Fire you? Put it on your permanent record?  ;D

What hassle? Driving Emma? Bring them both? I probably will flat tow the Racing Green car down.

Glad you're coming!  4.gif

But there's a rub.  As much as I would sincerely like to go the full Johnny Paycheck route, they've got something on me: I stand to collect a nice severance package of 1/2 year of salary. So I need to mind my Ps and Qs and jump through all the hoops they put in front of me.  It's a bit like Huey Lewis sang: "I'm taking what they're giving 'cause I'm workin' for a livin' "

I suppose my present feeling of having hassles is what I'm projecting into the future. But I'm sure as soon as I retire it will immediately be all rainbows and unicorns, right? 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara