Started by 94touring, March 11, 2018, 05:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

amanley

Dave - put me (Aaron M) down as a maybe. I'm in the survival years with 7 mo old twins, a 3 yr old, and a 40 yr old mini that's not quite running well  9.gif, so I will continue to try and get it running decent before then but we'll have to see. I at least would like to come out and meet you guys, see your cars, and learn more as I'm a newbie to the classics. 71.gif
1978 BL mini 1000
2005 MINI Cooper S JCW
2013 MINI Countryman All4

94touring

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Just got my schedule for next month.  I'll be back from work the night of the 9th, which will give me a couple days to get things setup and organized at the shop.  So anyone around the 11th I will be at the shop.  I will actually stay there that week rather than drive back and forth to downtown where I live.

Willie_B

MiniDave

Are there any places to get a beer in Ramona besides the pizza place on the corner? Any cool little dive bars nearby? We all should be in by late afternoon of the 11th....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

There is absolutely nothing in Ramona.  A bank, simple simons pizza, and post office.  I will stock the shop with plenty of beer that week.

flipstah

Fun times! I'll see if LilDrunkenSmurf wants to grab brunch and invite the other hooligans around town.  62.gif

94touring

If no one shows up I have 8 minis here to hang out with by myself.  Also the giveaway items on the tool cart is vast.

94touring

Paid the yearly hosting fee today.  Which means we are officially 10 years old!

MiniDave

And still growing!

The only thing the shop needs is a good high speed wifi set up, then we could beam the event world wide via web cam!  ;D

Or at least go online with a laptop...... ::)

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Yeah Ramona doesn't have high speed intrawebz, and even if it did I couldn't justify the cost vs how little I'd use it there.

susan

It was great fun driving the Innocenti down to the shop withe the crew on Saturday.  Now I know where I'm headed for the big party in a few weeks!  It was super fun helping to take the car apart too.  Thanks for the pizza, Dan!

Speaking of the big party, I'll plan on baking a lot of cookies to bring.  (So if the Mini breaks down on the way there, I won't starve to death, right??!!)  Seriously, this is by far the longest trip I've made with her!  It should be fine!

See you all soon!

Susan

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Dmulder

I don't know how I missed this!  I would have loved to make the trip. Maybe next time or some other event. Have lots of fun.
"In like a lamb, Out like a lion."

94touring

Have the wideband adapter setup. Tomorrow I'm going to get readings vs mine to have a baseline. 

tmsmini

I would be tempted to send the Innovate tail pipe clamp, just to see what the variation is.
Terry

94touring

Idle isn't accurate but cruise it reads about 1 to 1.5 leaner and WOT it's pretty accurate, within 0.5 at worse.  I took some fiberglass and wrapped where the pipes slide over one another to prevent fresh air from contaminating the sensor as well.  The most difficult part is it doesn't stay steady on the gauge like the sensor off the headers. If I see 14:5 at cruise on my permanent sensor, its easy to read, but the Aux sensor is going between 15:5-16:1 rapidly.  But it works well enough to give an idea if someone is pig rich or dangerously lean at both cruise and WOT.  Will also be easier with a dedicated driver and not me driving, holding the Aux gauge in my hand, and reading both gauges.  Doing 100mph.

MPlayle

Ever so slight change of my plans for the event: I'll actually need to start back to San Antonio on Sunday (drive part way back) for getting back by mid-day or early afternoon Monday.

Otherwise, I'm still looking forward to this.

Willie_B

My wife is flying into Tulsa Sunday for the drive back. Her flight comes in at 6pm.

amanley

Is there any kind of plan or schedule of events for this weekend? I'm planning on making it as long as the mini can make the trip to the shop! :-\ (This will be its first real trip out on the road) I also wanted to make sure I didn't show up and everyone else was out on a drive somewhere on the twisties.
1978 BL mini 1000
2005 MINI Cooper S JCW
2013 MINI Countryman All4

94touring

No real schedule. Hanging out and driving when people want. 

MiniDave

Well, after more than a year, it's only a few days away now! Can't wait to see everyone again!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Quote from: MiniDave on April 04, 2019, 08:03:04 PM
Well, after more than a year, it's only a few days away now! Can't wait to see everyone again!

Looking forward to it also.