Switch Panel Template

Started by richgilberto, February 04, 2018, 03:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richgilberto

Hey all,

I've scoured the internet for any kind of dimensions, measurements, or a template for the modern style center switch plate. I'm down in Georgia on business and my car is back in New York but I still want to be able to take on the project from here to plan out and purchase switches, and even have the piece of stainless steel cut out down here to work on.

Ideally I will also need to know where the holes for the heater and choke cables are since I'll probably still use those brackets to hold the panel in place.

Thanks in advance, and my apologies if it's already been answered elsewhere.

Thanks,
Rich

Willie_B

Where in Georgia are you?

I probably have a switch panel I can trace and measure if needed.

richgilberto

I'm working on a film shoot in Savannah at the moment. Minitec is working on my engine kit in Royston and the actual car is at a shop in Staten Island.

I'm looking for something to keep me busy on the off days down here.

richgilberto

Big thank you to Willie_B for shipping out a plate for me to take a look at! Since I haven't been able to find templates for them online I figure it would be useful for me to get some actual measurements out there once I have the panel.

The current plan is to create a control panel for the air conditioning unit (provided by Minitec) with inspiration from a Fender Telecaster guitar, just like in the photo. Obviously they're not the same size, but the controls would be in relatively the same place.

Also, for the space between the knobs I think I'd like to get the "Mini" script from the old Austin Coopers pressed into it. That could look pretty rad.

I feel silly talking about finishing bits when the car doesn't even have a clutch right now but sometimes it's good to get your mind off the tougher stuff for a bit.

94touring

Dsn classic has some fancy blank plates that could give you a canvas to work with.