Replacing Rusty Old Hinges with DSN Classics

Started by MtyMous, January 30, 2018, 11:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MtyMous

Finally got around to installing my new billet aluminum hinges from DSN Classics. These things are great. Perfect fit, very tight, but still moves freely. Replaceable hardware and they appear to be easily rebuildable.

Check out the video

https://youtu.be/ZXrb8cpAdWc

gr8kornholio

I saw their MK1 door hinges and boot hinges the other day.  Pretty slick, but would actually like them better if they weren't so stylized with all the holes.  Personal opinion.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MtyMous

Yeah. The mk1 external hinges are a bit loud for that style car. I think I'm going to order the boot hinges though. Haha

94touring

Those are nice! I'll have to look them up on their site.

Nice looking paint job lol.  Every time I see your doors I remember the metallic flopping wrong and what a pita it was lol.

MPlayle

They do have the solid (original style) external door hinges as well as their stylized ones.

gr8kornholio

Boot hinges:

Stylized MK1 hinges:

I thing the original style are the same as the ones sold by the other mini sellers.

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MtyMous

Paint still looks great, Dan. Just need to find some time to really get it done. Hoping the videos will get some demand and people will start watching and subscribing. Giving me some pressure to finish it. I wanted to be able to drive her in May, but I have to go "out of town" for a few months very soon. Lol