Need boot lid

Started by Bahowe1, January 28, 2018, 05:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bahowe1

Anybody got a boot lid they would sell? I was planning to re skin mine, but it's too far gone...

94touring

I may have one.  Give me a week to head back to my shop.  I may even go carbon fiber on this build and would have 2 spares. I think I have a new one on the shelf too.

Bahowe1

Awesome! Lemme know when you get back to it, I'm not in a real hurry, would just like to have one for the classic mini united event in April.

94touring

Do you need it painted anything specific?  I can always knock out a respray on it prior to shipping, for a fee of course.

Bahowe1

As awesome as your painting skills are, and as funny as it would be to have a slick and shiny bootlid on my super-ugly-in-progress-project, I better just get you to send it as is.  Mark 3 lid is what I am needing (by the way).  Actually, in typing this, it makes me think.  The color I might eventually go with is that Braken color, you just recently used.  If you had spare, wondering if it'd be worth spraying some on there so I could see the color in person?  Or maybe that is a terrible idea because maybe it wont look like the actual color without the proper base coat?  I have no idea anything about paint.  Let me know your thoughts.  What I do know, is that I have to paint the whole car once I take it all back a part, so it should probably be sprayed with the car.  I was just thinking it may be a simple way to see the color in person.

94touring

I can paint on a small test area with primer for accurate color.  In fact I have a small dent in a spot, so that's perfect prep area to throw some bracken on.

MiniDave

You're only in NC, pop on over to my place n Kansas and you can see the whole car in Bracken!   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I also have a splash of Tahiti blue, tartan red, BRG, old English white, skittles orange, and probably some mini tan from Dave's clubman if you want a large assortment to choose from lol. 

Bahowe1

If you could make each of those colors happen in a random polka dot style, it would be very fitting for a clown car.

jedduh01

94touring

Kind of reminds me of Dave Pattons puzzle clubman pickup.  Each puzzle piece is a different color.

gr8kornholio

Had all the same thoughts.  77.gif
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Bahowe1

Dan, any more thoughts on pricing or condition of what you have?
Supposedly there is a local guy with one-which would save shipping something like this, but I haven't seen it, nor has he responded about condition or anything.

94touring

Check your pm.  Condition is zero rust, one minor dent that i'd fix if you still want that paint sample.