Possibly looking for another Mini

Started by MPlayle, December 21, 2017, 05:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8kornholio

I love the mint condition with lack of photos.  Is a pretty unique looking one though and from the few shots seems in good shape.  A close inspection of the usual rust areas and the mechanicals and if all checks out I'd say that's a good price.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

like the brooklyn one.  would be nice to get some daylight pictures though.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MPlayle

Passing on the blue Clubman Estate in Florida for now.

I have a few other things going on that may delay the search a bit.  Maybe that will give the time needed for the Moke project to pick up momentum again.

MiniDave

Is the body at the paint shop now? Did you decide to stay with white? Appliance white or more of a cream white?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

There is someone in our club selling a Traveller or Countryman. I do not think he is in a hurry to sell.
It is in the SF Bay Area which is a ways from. It does have a flip front which can be something people like or dislike.

I can get details when you and if you are interested as I do not believe it is listed any where yet. It does need some attention I am sure, but he desrcibed the issues.

MPlayle

Dave,

The Moke body is at the paint shop.  It actually got dropped off just before Thanksgiving, but they are just now getting it into the schedule for working on it.  My contact there was hoping they would start it this week.

Edit:
I forgot to answer Dave's other questions.  I am staying with white for the body.  Going with more to the "appliance white".  The bonnet is not being redone as I am trying to keep the decals on it intact (UK flag and "Moke Patrol" script).  The outside of the bonnet had been repainted a bright white and they are going to try to match to that as best they can.  (The underside of the bonnet is still the original  more cream colored "Old English White" and also has a couple of markings I wanted to keep.)

BruceK

Michael, here's one that is near you, in the Austin area

The photos were obviously taken in the UK, but what is that little Mini up against the house?!   Looks like it is made from stone.

https://killeen.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-classic-austin-rover/6468306597.html

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

A bit of an unusual Mini.  Wicker details like the Radford Minis of Peter Sellers and Blake Edwards, and Innocenti headlight rings.

https://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/d/1973-austin-mini-1000/6447952300.html

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

That "Gators" one is VERY easy to pass up.  Bleh!

I'll check out the others shortly.  Playing catch-up to emails and posting from being on the road the last two days.

BruceK

The stone Mini looks like a solid choice.  ;D

I'll see myself out.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Michael, don't know if you are still considering getting another Mini, but I saw this one here in Texas.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/d/1974-morris-mini/6493089842.html

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

I like that color, about what I'm shooting for.

MPlayle

I decided to drag my feet on getting another Mini to go with the Moke.  I want to prioritize getting the Moke back on the road and then decide what is next in life before committing to another Mini or other major endeavor. 

I've been putting off dealing with some major decisions from all that went on last year.

MPlayle

Kind of reviving the thought of a second Mini.

Any of the Oklahoma guys know this one?

https://www.minimania.com/cars4sale/14924/1984_Austin_1275GT_Sedan_1275cc

94touring