1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

That wrapped one was for sale on Mania for a very long time.....what the heck carb is that on the last one? Looks kinda like a Weber, but......it's sure not factory original.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on December 23, 2017, 02:05:38 PM
That wrapped one was for sale on Mania for a very long time.....what the heck carb is that on the last one? Looks kinda like a Weber, but......it's sure not factory original.

Is it is a naked SPI ?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

No, not SPi, also no computer or harness in the right front corner of the car. Looks like a Weber side draft.....interesting that it has Sport Pack arches but 12" wheels and it's not a Sports Pack car near as I can tell.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Could be a Dellorto carb.  They were/are similar to a Weber carb.

MPlayle

I had narrowed done to a "short list" of a couple of those Bruce found and one offered offline.

The blue 998 in Portland area (with a/c), the lighter blue 998 in DFW and the option to buy back Flur - the Tahiti Blue SPI I converted to carb that Dan had restored.

I tried contacting the place in Portland selling the one with a/c and it seems it is sold already.  They haven't bothered to update the craigslist post nor their own facebook page.

The lighter blue one at the dealer in DFW appears to have cover-sills from the pictures.  I may see about further information on it as well as an update on Flur.  I may also just wait a bit more and see what turns up.

I had also been considering the red "850" woody Bruce found over in Louisiana.  Its listing has very few pictures and went up on ebay just recently.  It lists as a 1965 850, but the one interior picture shows a remote/rod-change located shifter and later model turn/wiper stalks on the steering column.  There is no picture of the engine bay nor undercarriage to make a determination from.

MiniDave

Its HARD to buy a car sight unseen......I've done it once that turned out OK, but I don't know that I could do it again.

Of the options you mentioned, I would think buying Flur back would be the best, as you know what you have.

How did it get that name?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

I think the guy Dan bought it from named it that.  Don't know any more to the backstory.

Since both the two remaining from the initial search are in DFW, I can also make a trip up and look them both over back-to-back.

94touring

The original owner in Florida had named it that and had a thread on here with his attempt at fixing it.

How much is Flur going for these days?

MPlayle

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

I've noticed that many "sellers" tend to be lazy about tracking where all they have posted ads and cleaning them up (marking as sold) when the car actually sells.

gr8kornholio

The guy I bought mine from was far from internet savvy.  He did go and try to remove them, but one was ebay so he tried to raise the minimum to 50K, problem was he left off the K.  Luckily a person noticed and mentioned his mistake.  Good thing too cause the car was mine by then.  LOL.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Davisio

Would be curious to know what Flur is going for these days as well.......  77.gif
I miss that little car.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

That is one I thonk Bruce posted from the seller's craigslist ad.  All the black&white photoshopping makes me leery of what is the seller hiding.

MiniDave

Yea, but it's just down the road from you, so you can go check it out in person.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Not sure exactly where in Texas it is as the guy has it listed under Austin, San Antonio, Houston and DFW craigslist groupings.

The telephone area code is also for northeast Texas outside the DFW area.

MiniDave

Maybe a quick phone call would find out if it's real or not?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

At the moment, I am trying to get more information on this one:

https://www.minimania.com/cars4Sale/14741/1978_Mini_Clubman_Sedan

Trying to find someone in the Miami area to do an inspection on it.

Willie_B

Quote from: MPlayle on January 01, 2018, 10:31:48 AM
At the moment, I am trying to get more information on this one:

https://www.minimania.com/cars4Sale/14741/1978_Mini_Clubman_Sedan

Trying to find someone in the Miami area to do an inspection on it.

i like the one piece rear door. Looks good from the few pics.

MPlayle

I've gotten a few more pictures and it does seem in pretty good shape and priced well.  I want to try to get a mechanical evaluation before going further.