hello new to site, vtec automatic swap

Started by joakwin, November 25, 2017, 12:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joakwin

not a lot, I still need to do a few small things

mostly I drive it to pick the kids up from school, like 1-2 times a week

just day time driving it around because I dont even have the front turn signals installed right now
and I dont have a plate light on it right now, in the day time thats fine but night time, cops wont be happy with that
but I got some slim low pro lights to use for the plate, im going to install those tomorrow morning
and I dont have the wiper arms on it, not that I really need them

turn signals for the front will go in tomorrow morning as well, I have everything, its just a matter of doing it between other projects and the rain

D16z6 Automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes, deseamed shell

joakwin

I pulled the stock honda air bag steering wheel, and im changing out the stock del sol upper dash switches

the haz switch is now one from a 2000 civic,

the aux light switch is a led light switch

and the cruise main power switch is now one from a 2004 civic

this is the stock del slow cruise and aux light switch, ugly and huge

the 2004 civic cruise and the 2000 civic haz switch

the cruise switch was a straight up swap, same wire colors different plug size
the haz took alittle work, went from a 5 wire haz switch to the 2k civic having 8 wires

a red and a red/black wires from the switch went together to the red or red/black wire on the del sol side
and a green/white on the switch went to a green/orange on the switch
and the rest of the wires were simple, turn left/right wires and power and ground and ign

joakwin

pulled the stock honda air bag steering wheel

the adapter is a nrg, im not super happy with it, it doesn't have anything for the horn wiring to connect to the back side, so I have to rig something up or move the horn switch
but I like the horn in the center of the steering wheel,

I have this nice suede nrg steering wheel, I like the flat spot on the bottom, it helps to get my legs into the car and whatnot

joakwin

2000 civic haz switch, super simple to wire

just have to figure out how and where to mount it

and build a dash would be nice

not having a dash gives it a huge project look, lol

joakwin

with the 4 lights on, I think its with the hi-beams as well

4-led lights

MiniDave

The bounce back reflection of the square lights is interesting!

So many little details to do, I guess that's what keeps us off the streets and out of the bars, huh?   77.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

joakwin

I love it tho, working on projects and learning stuff and getting better at jobs to take the build to the next level, small details

Working on the car is fun to me

joakwin

wired up the plate lights last night

super simple, two single lights with a single led in each one

im working on back up lights and rear fog,
im going to be use some stock Harley parts for those

I have to run full wiring for the fog light, plan to use a led switch

and the back up wiring is done already, stock honda green/black wire

and then im looking into wiring a 3rd brake light, but I have to look up the wiring colors for it and figure out where I tapped off the stock honda wiring for that

the harness is stock, I haven't cut any plugs off of it, just tape them off if I didn't need them
didn't want to cut something and then have to add it back in later, plus then I can t/s the wiring like a stock eg civic or del slow

joakwin

working on rear fog light and 3rd brake light, and back up light

rain came so that work got cut short today

but I ran the wire for the fog light inside the shell already

and figured out where the wiring is for the 3rd brake light

this is going to be the back up light

joakwin

joakwin

single back up light hooked up

had to do alittle adjusting of the shifter to get the electric switch to line up
but it works now

joakwin

https://ibb.co/N1CJmPM

working on installing the quick disconnect for the steering wheel

MiniDave

My 09 Clubman has only one back up light from the factory (cheap bastards) and I can't see shit behind me - does this one light throw enough back there for you to see?

My classic has two lights and I can see fine when backing it up

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

joakwin

Quote from: MiniDave on August 08, 2019, 07:24:29 AM
My 09 Clubman has only one back up light from the factory (cheap bastards) and I can't see shit behind me - does this one light throw enough back there for you to see?

My classic has two lights and I can see fine when backing it up

I haven't tried at night yet

joakwin

working on the grill

bench racing with the seats and the steering wheel

joakwin

MiniDave

What seats are those? They look way comfy!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

joakwin

Quote from: MiniDave on August 09, 2019, 04:54:06 PM
What seats are those? They look way comfy!

ebay seats, they are kind of big but they feel great

without the roll cage, the install would have been so much better

only thing I dont like about them is the slider adjustment handle, it keeps popping off but the way I set it up, I dont care if the seat dont adjust

im going to do the same for the drivers side, set it for me and thats it, no one else will ever drive my mini, so I dont care, as long as im good with the seat spot

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

joakwin

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FULL-RECLINABLE-PVC-CARBON-STYLE-LEATHER-RACING-SEATS-ADJUSTABLE-SLIDERS-RAILS-/401510535236?txnId=777625340027

$228 bucks shipped

I don't know how long the vinyl will last but I don't drive the car a lot

My other classic buckets were vinyl
So I'm sure it will be fine for the most part

I wonder if I could mod the del slow sliders to work on these seats.....hummm

I got these seats back at the beg of May, they have been sitting for a long time

Most of the parts I have for the mini have been sitting,
The led headlights where a Christmas gift

I'm thinking of going back to classic mini seat belts, ordering some new ones in black color

Will probably order them from mini sport USA

7 has them for 75$ each

MiniDave

I bought a set of seatbelts from MiniSport - they're in my Racing Green car - and they're OK, but the set I bought from MIniSpares to put in the Innocenti  seem better - the nylon webbing was slightly thicker and they felt higher quality. Both were similar prices, but I think the Spares ones were just a bit cheaper.

How do those seats feel? I'm always on the lookout for some good seats for Minis, as the originals are pretty awful. I put Miata seats in my Clubman Estate and they were pretty good, I had to make brackets of course, but they fit well and I could slide them all the way back to the front edge of the back seat, plus they sat lower.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

joakwin

Quote from: MiniDave on August 10, 2019, 07:16:09 AM
I bought a set of seatbelts from MiniSport - they're in my Racing Green car - and they're OK, but the set I bought from MIniSpares to put in the Innocenti  seem better - the nylon webbing was slightly thicker and they felt higher quality. Both were similar prices, but I think the Spares ones were just a bit cheaper.

How do those seats feel? I'm always on the lookout for some good seats for Minis, as the originals are pretty awful. I put Miata seats in my Clubman Estate and they were pretty good, I had to make brackets of course, but they fit well and I could slide them all the way back to the front edge of the back seat, plus they sat lower.....
I hated the stock seats
and then I found someone selling some classic bucket seats with head rests, I picked them up for $50, at the time I fit into the seats fine, I was a lot smaller and weighed less......these seats https://usa.minisport.com/cobsfx051-black-vinyl-with-head-rest.html
now I can only use those seats for short distance, im a lot bigger now, 6ft 210lbs, and the hip area is to small for me
so my kids use them as gaming chairs

and then I went to some K11 Nissan Micra seats, those were super comfy, a lot of padding on the bottom and back, I used to drive from
RAF Mildenhall in England to Spangdahlem AFB in Germany in a Nissan Micra, all the time, and thats why I love those seats, my butt never hurt from the drive

but on the rebuild of my car this time around, I put the stock del slow seats into the mini because they are skinnier
but I didn't want to pay to get them recovered and some of the foam was messed up from getting in and out of the car

so I found these new seats last May on ebay
they have a good amount of padding and feel comfy and the hip area is wider, and has good size lats support,
so I can see myself doing road trips in them

I think I set the front of the seat around 3-4 inches off the floor and the rear around 1 inch or so, so the sliders can move is need be
and lean the top back

the only problem I see so far is the bar for the adjustment keeps coming off, and the top dont lean forward much, so if you bolt the rear of the seat to the floor, you probably wont be able to fit people into the back seat area

im fine with that, because im not going to put the back seat into my car, im going to move my stereo amps into the back seat area

my driver's seat is so far back, that its pointless to have a seat in the back because it has no leg room
also it helps to move the passenger weight as far back into the car

im still looking for seat belts,
I started to look at summit racing

I have some 4 point belts from them, but I dont want to daily drive or cruise with 4 point harness seat belts on

joakwin

no lights other then the back up lamp with engine off

running lights with back up lamp with engine off

head lights on with back up lamp, at 12v, key on engine off

its a single 1157 bulb with the two sides wired together

I found a nos copy of this, still sealed

MiniDave

Yeah, those MiniSport style seats are made for people with the hips of a 13 year old boy! Miserable for any real sized adults....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

joakwin

i painted the mirror green to see how it looked but i think black is going to be better

it was bed lined black and then painted pd green and now its black again

I put it on the car with it being green but I forgot to take a picture

so this morning I painted it black again

and because its raining its tail off, its taking alittle more time to dry
but its been going off for about 2 hours now
not working on the mini today

last night I was getting ready to paint the other side, tapping off the glass and I dropped it like a ............ I was so mad at myself

but I found a guy selling a pair on cragslist here, from a sportster, so it should be the same