Author Topic: Stan's 78 mini restoration  (Read 35744 times)

Offline MiniDave

Re: Stan's 78 mini restoration
« Reply #375 on: January 11, 2018, 08:13:55 PM »
So is it just typical of these motors to have a slight run on after the ignition is turned off?  Sounded like this one did it, and mine does too.

It wasn't running on, I don't have the idle set yet, so it just died....slowly.

They will run on if the idle is too high.
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
1969 Jaguar XK-E FHC
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline MiniDave

Re: Stan's 78 mini restoration
« Reply #376 on: January 11, 2018, 08:18:08 PM »
Success!!! 

I love the smell of a newly rebuilt motor as the new headers heat up and burn off whatever got on them and the paint on the block cures.  Technically it is not great smell at all - but itís all about lots of memories each time I smell it.

It is a great feeling when one starts for the first time.....especially when it pops right off like this and runs smoothly. Rose was trying to get my attention that she was taking the dogs for a walk, with my head buried in the engine I couldn't hear her......

I haven't run it long enough to get everything to start smoking yet, that will have to wait a bit as it's gotten very cold again - 10* tonight and I have to work tomorrow so I won't get back on it till the weather warms up a bit again, that could be a while, it's not supposed to be above 30* til about the 20th of the month and we have many days in the single digits before then.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:20:09 PM by MiniDave »
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
1969 Jaguar XK-E FHC
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT