Cars for Sale on CL or Ebay - or BaT

Started by MiniDave, August 24, 2017, 02:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimini II

That red/white one looks like a decent car for $14k.
Not a fan of those deep bucket seats and the climb over front roll bar cage or the way the front arches have been cut out and had the wide flares installed.

gr8kornholio

Bored at work and surfing the craigsweb I found this that looks to be a pretty good deal.  Even has Vintage air installed.  I'm going to contact just to get details on that aspect of it.

https://macon.craigslist.org/cto/d/byron-1978-mini-cooper-custom/6988317228.html
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Very clean straight looking car, A/C AND a sunroof! I kinda like the dash too.....at least the instrument surround - very hot rod-ish.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Also seems to have Aussie doors, but with internal hinges.  Did they put vent windows on any other MKII minis?

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Could be Innocenti doors, ours are like that.....

I like this "Will not sell to anyone who won't come and inspect the car", so if someone offered him asking price he'd refuse?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

The door pockets indicate innocenti doors. 

gr8kornholio

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/boulder-1961-austin-mini-cooper/6972497758.html

Can you say purpose built even with street legal claim.  Not sure that's where this would be happy.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Quote from: gr8kornholio on October 04, 2019, 12:22:28 PM
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/boulder-1961-austin-mini-cooper/6972497758.html

Can you say purpose built even with street legal claim.  Not sure that's where this would be happy.

Supercharger and a 5 speed....................should be plenty quick. But you're in Honda V-tech territory at that price. I assume it's a street/track car?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

MiniDave

Shoot, you can get 300 hp out of a 4 cylinder these days.....Seems like a decent price for a pretty nice little car.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Quote from: gr8kornholio on October 04, 2019, 10:22:47 AM
Bored at work and surfing the craigsweb I found this that looks to be a pretty good deal.  Even has Vintage air installed.  I'm going to contact just to get details on that aspect of it.

https://macon.craigslist.org/cto/d/byron-1978-mini-cooper-custom/6988317228.html

I believe that is a Mini that was built by a local guy Brian Mac Gregor from Deland Florida.
It was built very well with no corners cut that i remember, i heard he had retired to North Carolina and as it is advertised in Georgia maybe he sold it.

gr8kornholio

Yea but then it sounds like a weed eater. It looks like an old ford or Chevy but smaller so it'd be sweet sounding with a v8 rumble.

Willie_B

Quote from: gr8kornholio on October 04, 2019, 10:22:47 AM

This is about 2 hours south of me if anyone wants me to check it out.

Jimini II

Quote from: Whee on October 09, 2019, 03:45:17 PM
Two Mokes just sold in Texas.

https://worldwideauctioneers.com/car-details/?id=69&rid=83 - Went for $19,800
https://worldwideauctioneers.com/car-details/?id=69&rid=119 went for $11,000

$19,800 seems like crazy money for the yellow wood bumper golf cart wheeled one, the blue one at $11,000 seems about right.

jedduh01

Tidy complete English Moke on Ebay.

Under the bonnet is a bit ratty, and has a few aftermarket items like seats.. but overall it looks like a great driver.

Ebay 1964 Moke

Edit by moderator: fixed ebay link

MiniDave

I really don't get the Moke thing - I mean if I lived in the Islands or someplace where it's always warm and you can't drive far or fast, then it might make sense to me.....but here - where it gets cold and it's a long way to anywhere? Just doesn't make much sense to me.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jedduh01

Dont knock it till ya try it....
    Drove mine today =  72 here in Charlotte.   Winter is coming this weekend however...

Yes its a 2-3 Season car.. Unless you do want to freeze in that winter , but theres nothing else like it with 4 wheels ( mabye a manx buggy or such)   and its a Mini Experience. I argue handles BETTER than a mini.  that is Lighter and has a Lower Center of gravity.
YES the interstate is NO thanks... but thats fine.

Gets WAY more attention in public,with the  "is that legal / Can you drive that questions"
  Easily hauls more than a sedan ( toss your stuff in and go).

Cole used mine for CMU and blasted around with all of us in the 'FAST group"  no worries = he got used to not hearing car noises , but hearing ' wind and outside noises, smelling smells outside of the window up sedans.  Nature driving.

only tough people drive multiple hours in a Moke, Ive done it once,.  4 hrs once to CMU + Event  + home.

its been said before and I agree =  at this point if i HAD To get rid of all my mini's except one =  The Moke would stay.

Jimini II

We are fortunate and have the Moke weather here in Florida for Moking. We drove to a CMU event towing a camper trailer i think Erwin Tn and left early on the Sunday morning to go Moken around Florida with the temp at 36 degrees in Erwin as long as you are wrapped up it is fine even the wifey handled it, total miles over 10 days was 2800 elevation was sea level to 6200 feet only problem on the whole trip was a new fuel filter clog.
I am actually more comfortable in the Moke than any of the other Mini's and yes the Moke would be the last Mini to go if i had to sell them off.

MPlayle

I may just have to consider that green Moke.

I kind of regret having sold my white one, but the opportunity for the Mini Marcos and the offer for my white one were to good to pass up.

Unfortunately, I have learned from the Mini Marcos that the classic "arms extended" sports car driving position does not work well for me - bad shoulders.

MiniDave

You gonna put a little more motor in it? I'd be happy to build you something fun.... 77.gif

What will you ask for the Marcos?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Quote from: MiniDave on November 07, 2019, 04:21:26 PM
What will you ask for the Marcos?

The Marcos would not be cheap - probably would list north of $27K.

The contacts that I found it through may still have leads to folks with "deep pockets" that I snatched if out from under back in May.  I'm waiting to hear what they say.

I already have a regular Mini obtained, but may still consider the green Moke.

MiniDave

Cool, then you'll have a "regular" car for those times when the weather isn't too co-operative and the Moke for when it is! 77.gif

I guess that would be easier than listing it on BaT, but I wonder where you might get the most return on your investment?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle