Author Topic: Cars for Sale on CL or Ebay - or BaT  (Read 4217 times)

Offline BruceK

Re: Cars for Sale on CL or Ebay - or BaT
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2018, 02:24:19 PM »
Holy smoke!  Crazy Moke!   That Moke on BaT sold for $41K  !!    :-\
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
2007 Triumph Bonneville

Offline gr8kornholio

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2018, 02:34:04 PM »
What am I missing on the Moke thing?  Are they that rare? They look fun and all but how come they are mint OG cooper S money?
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Offline Jimini II

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2018, 03:38:37 PM »
They did not make a lot of UK Mokes, in fact total Moke production of UK, Australian, Portuguese and Italian Mokes was around 28,000 i had heard and a lot of those rotted away. So just like everything else rarity usually (for the most part) means people will pay a premium for the ability to have one and when you get into a bidding war of sorts anything can happen.

That being said the $41k Moke of Marks was a well documented and near perfect restoration with 29 panels being replaced including a full floor and both pontoons correctly spot welded in place and imo would be impossible to duplicate for that price when using a shop to do all the work.
So UK Moke's with welded in patch panels can bring $30k plus, the Australian and Portuguese Mokes do not sell as high as the UK ones.

Offline gr8kornholio

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2018, 03:58:36 PM »
That is what I was wondering.  Thanks for the insight.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Online MiniDave

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2018, 12:38:04 PM »
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
1969 Jaguar XK-E FHC
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline jedduh01

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2018, 08:24:46 AM »
Ya'll might see this on Mini Mania ..  Possibly BAT soon enough. 
 Just posting here if any one is interested and wants to deal directly. -

(not my car,  Helping a local guy post and sell)  He has too many cars - quick sell preferred.

1972  Mini Pickup=  RHD = Australian Built
 850 CC Engine = 3 Synchro Magic wand trans.

Fully restored body and Chassis + Very well trimmed interior (custom work) but very ' proper '

part of a Full car collection he has + needs to make some space so is letting this this pickup go.

available to discuss further = entertain offers.

Asking 19,500$

Online MiniDave

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2018, 08:40:51 AM »
The Authi Mini on BaT only hit $9K so it did not make reserve....I don't know if it was the 850 motor that held it back or if the owners had $40K Moke visions in their head.....

That is a very tidy little Pup. I just don't fit in one.....for some reason I thought the Aussi Pups had vent windows?
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
1969 Jaguar XK-E FHC
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline gr8kornholio

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2018, 08:43:30 AM »
I won't be showing this to the wife.  She'd probably cry and try to find a way to return her new camaro.  Or try and put us further in car debt.  Sweet little truck though.

Offline jedduh01

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2018, 09:13:33 AM »
The Authi Mini on BaT only hit $9K so it did not make reserve....I don't know if it was the 850 motor that held it back or if the owners had $40K Moke visions in their head.....

That is a very tidy little Pup. I just don't fit in one.....for some reason I thought the Aussi Pups had vent windows?

The Aus pup is determined by the 2 simple center switches  Headlights and Wipers  are = UP for on.. (and of different variety)   also there is a ID Plate Under the passenger seat = all matching details that were only given + installed in Aus built cars.

I wish i knew more = or had a better reference for Aus production trucks ..   I think the way they kept this truck very Mk 1 = with External Hinges ,  Normal sliding glass windows + press steel front meant in 72 it was a bastard child of production (stuck in the old)
by 72 it should have ahd roll up internal hinges for normal productions.

Perhaps i should reach out to Grant in Aus.,.. he knows Australian stuff!

This is why BAT scarses Me / US == we dont know alot about this pup! 

Agreed on the seating = there is no room for a 'reclined seat.  very upright and ON point driving position for sure!

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:16:53 AM by jedduh01 »

Offline MPlayle

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2018, 09:22:39 AM »
Even UK Pickups were external hinges and slider windows until their end in about 1982.

The vented, roll up windows on Jim's Pup are Aussie Saloon doors fitted to a UK Pup.  The "older" non-flap latched external hinge Aussie doors are a direct match for the UK external hinge door openings.

Offline BruceK

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2018, 11:31:35 AM »
Very nice truck!

Toggle switches in a Mini moved Up to turn on stuff?  That is very weird and totally non-British.  Sounds like an American (or Canadian) fitted the switches during a refurb.   Is there documentation that supports the Oz pickups were done that way?   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
2007 Triumph Bonneville

Offline jedduh01

« Reply #61 on: Today at 10:13:55 AM »
Learning more Daily!

Switches were yes reversed in their holes = Able to flip + they still work. as intended

Digging into the Vin s   XAV1 --  69-74 Pickups  --   Per the internet ...  Fits a 72 Pickup as paperwork matches

Vin Ending in A =   Longbridge... Production

This is a English Pickup.  Nevermind the thoughts of it being a Australian Pickup..
 Its pretty , Its flashy = its fun!  and more and more i want to keep it!