Cars for Sale on CL or Ebay - or BaT

Started by MiniDave, August 24, 2017, 02:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsumini

As someone with RA I can relate. It can be very debilitating unless successfully treated. It doesn't prevent proofreading but may affect motivation.

Red Riley

Quote from: BruceK on September 27, 2020, 04:56:49 PM
Quote from: tmsmini on September 27, 2020, 04:37:52 PM
It seems wagons don't do well in the US market, it will be interest to see if this sells:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/531197090271643?view=permalink&id=3472598206131502

Located in the U.K., about $22K

As it is from Facebook Marketplace, I am not sure how you follow it

I worry about the condition of a car when the seller can't be bothered to proofread the text they wrote praising it.   

"This is a one owner car fully restored immaculate condishen inside and outside 850 engine 4 speep gear box all original full history must be seen to apresated this is a very rere car"

So, lazy. Or dumb.  That makes it difficult to believe they spent much time caring for the car or getting the little things right.

Spelling errors irritate me too, but just because someone can't spell, doesn't mean they can't turn a wrench. I used to work with a guy who was educated enough to become a Chief Master Sergeant in the Air Force, but couldn't tell the difference between its and it's, and didn't no when he used the write word for something that sounded the same. I had to proofread everything he wrote. But he wasn't dumb or lazy.

tmsmini

Jimini II

Quote from: tmsmini on September 28, 2020, 05:40:23 PM
Not that we are in the market for another wagon, but here is one in the US

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1195631/1964-austin-mini-cooper-for-sale-in-cleveland-ohio-44135?fbclid=IwAR3f-7wpWi_GFLAKyX-LGRDHwPlUw3md-w24bb5nWI2U5q45ynIjos__Vmg

A little identity crisis about the car from the vendor

Obviously not a Cooper but it is a rare Innocenti still not worth the $25k asking price though.

MPlayle

My Burton just went "live" on BaT!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-citroen-2cv-7/

I just approved the listing this morning and they put it "live" already.

MiniDave

Too bad about the sound quality of the videos.....you could try a couple of pieces of duct tape over the mic openings - might help. that's what I do on my videos now - doesn't stop it completely but def helps!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

I started experimenting with the case arrangements that came with the camera.  The driving videos in the Mini Marcos were without any case.  The ones for the Burton were with the case on, but the slotted case back installed.  There is also a solid case back I need to try next.

MiniDave

It's a GoPro?

I never had good luck with those even tho they claim to have software to get rid of wind noise. Some tape over the mic holes will help a lot. It's just better when you can hear the engine and such.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Not a GoPro.  A similar action camera: Akaso V50X.

BruceK

Good luck Michael!   Nice photos.  Quite an attractive car.   Just a half day in and lots of attention and positive comments. That bodes well.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

ADRay

made it to the top of the Microsoft News Auto Enthusiasts news feed.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

MPlayle

Quote from: ADRay on September 30, 2020, 07:22:37 AM
made it to the top of the Microsoft News Auto Enthusiasts news feed.

I had to look up that article and read it.  It is actually a complimentary article about Burtons in general with reference to mine as being already available in the US.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Jimini II

Good write up and pictures with lots of interest.
Good luck with the auction Michael.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

A VTEC Clubman for sale.  Asking just $12K which is definitely on the cheaper end of things for a VTEC.    Hmmmmm.

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/houston-1977-morris-mini-clubman-right/7207647111.html
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

It says make offer too.....needs some work, but it doesn't sound like much. Twin cam motor too.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Congratulations on the Burton sale Michael. I hope you are satisfied with the results. I think you're the first person here on this forum who has sold something on BaT.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

I am pleased with the results.  Just need to work out the payment details with the winner.

I had a little anxiety over it starting a bit slow and being quiet over the weekend, but it passed the reserve, so I'm happy.

As Dave says, next up will be the Mini Marcos and scrutiny by the Mini crowd on BaT.  That should be in another 2 or 3 weeks.

MiniDave

I think one of the best sales tool is a good set of driving videos, that allow you to hear the sound of the engine and exhaust......without a ton of wind noise.

There was a great one on a red TR3, showed the guy walking out to the car and getting in - cut to view over his shoulder as he started it up and drove off. Cut to some nice twisty bits viewpoint both from in the car and roadside as he went by, then cut to him pulling up and getting out of the car again. Made it seem as if you were going in the car with him....you felt like you were there!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Those kind of videos usually require an assistant and/or a remote enough location (especially for the roadside drive-by shots.  An assistant is something I lack.

I need to try for some better in-car driving videos for the Mini Marcos as those were without the weather case on the camera and have lots of wind noise.

BruceK

Michael, I'd be happy to volunteer as an assistant to help you with those drive by videos.  Just let me know. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

I may take you up on that Bruce.  Would you be available this weekend?

BruceK

Sure.  I know you don't text, but you've got my phone number.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

Quote from: MPlayle on October 06, 2020, 02:43:32 PM
I am pleased with the results.  Just need to work out the payment details with the winner.

I had a little anxiety over it starting a bit slow and being quiet over the weekend, but it passed the reserve, so I'm happy.

As Dave says, next up will be the Mini Marcos and scrutiny by the Mini crowd on BaT.  That should be in another 2 or 3 weeks.

Congrats on the sale Michael.
I honestly thought it was worth more it certainly looked it, glad you got over your reserve.