My Project car in Bolivia

Started by Richard1, February 22, 2011, 05:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stan360

It looks like a lot of love went into this truck....I am impressed with all the front end splicing  and reshaping door  areas  and that minivan floor, ....very  ingenious ideas to fix things up

Mudhen

Richard1

Looks like I forgot to include finished pics of the interior.

and the back, with the thinner license plate, mini script, backup lights, and 3rd brake light

And of course the day I taught my 10 year old granddaughter how to drive it!

John Gervais

Very clean, very nice indeed!  Love it!    4.gif
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

Richard, good to hear from you again, been too long!

How many miles have you done in the Mini now?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Richard1

I haven't been keeping track. Probably about 300 or so, maybe as much as 500 with teaching the grandkids how to drive. I've filled the tank twice.

I still have it at my second home 450 miles from here, and need it there til I get the Renault running (painted, but waiting on me to wire it and upholster it, connect the brakes, etc.). I just haven't had much time these last few months. I should have been there 2 weeks ago, but it will be another 10 days before I can get away.

When I get there I will make a vinyl cover for the bed. I bought the snaps in the states a few weeks ago.

jeff10049

Great to see an update and, what a cool vehicle to learn to drive in that's great as well.
What part of Bolivia are you in?

Richard1

Quote from: jeff10049 on November 30, 2016, 10:08:01 PM
Great to see an update and, what a cool vehicle to learn to drive in that's great as well.
What part of Bolivia are you in?

I have built the pup in Tarija. I have my main office in Santa Cruz and a regional office in Tarija, so two cities, two houses. My garage is at the Tarija house (25 km south of the city in a small town).

Update: I notice the exhaust was pretty thick, and it was using quite a bit of gas, so I measured the fuel pressure of the pump I bought that was supposed to be 15 psi. It was 50 psi. So I ordered a pressure regulator that should arrive this week and will let me drop it down to 15.

Richard1

Got a chance to make my cover for the bed. Marine Vinyl.

And added Dynamat Hoodliner to the hood/bonnet

jeff10049

looks great, how's it running with the fuel pressure regulator installed?

Richard1

Ah, yes. Forgot to mention that. Now it runs great. Fortunately there was a nice spot for it next to the fuel lines. All the on-line instructions said to install on the return line, but of course that can't reduce pressure, so I put it on the supply line, cranked the pressure down to 15 psi, and bingo.

tmsmini

Which brand regulator is that?

tmsmini

Hard to believe it has such a large functional range.

Jdm Universal Adjustable 1 To 140 Psi Fuel Pressure Regulator With Gauge Red

rmonagel

Wow! The interior looks really nice and clean.